SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Recommend mulching blades for John Deer X350 Accel Deep Deck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Recommend mulching blades for John Deer X350 Accel Deep Deck Login/Join 
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted
I have the mulching kit on my JD X350 lawn tractor. I beat the blades up pretty bad last year so I want to replace them. I could go with the original for about $60 shipped. But I'm wondering if there are better after market options. It's the Accel Deep Deck 42". Regular JD part is M170642. I could probably put some work in and sharpen what I have but there are some good dings from rocks. If I buy new I will use the old ones to destroy some tiny saplings at the end of my property before I put the new ones on.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12439 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jcsabolt2
posted Hide Post
Gator Blades G6 specifically.

Cross referenced to John Deere: AM104490, PT8721, TCU29188, TCU29869, TCU35393, TCU37208

----------
“Nobody can ever take your integrity away from you. Only you can give up your integrity.” H. Norman Schwarzkopf

Posts: 3629 | Registered: July 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jcsabolt2:
Gator Blades G6 specifically.

Cross referenced to John Deere: AM104490, PT8721, TCU29188, TCU29869, TCU35393, TCU37208

Looks great and I like Oregon products. But none of their gator blades fit my mower. The Deer number is M170642. Kind of a bummer because those look great.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12439 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
I like the G5s best but own all 3 variations of Gator blades. Deere often makes it hard to find aftermarket parts. If the spindle dia is the same and length is same blades should fit but Deere wont tell you that.

Posts: 4697 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Good enough is neither
good, nor enough
posted Hide Post
If you can find gator blades to fit, they are a no brainer....

There are 3 kinds of people, those that understand numbers and those that don't.

Posts: 2034 | Location: Liberty, MO | Registered: November 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
frayedends, I have a JD X350 with an Accel Deep Deck 42 inch deck. Did you add a mulcher kit to it? The blades in mine aren’t mulchers, they sound like a jet engine and throw crap 20 feet.

-------------------
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered his last round.

Posts: 1107 | Location: North Texas | Registered: November 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I can't help you on blades. But, I'd choose another tool to chop down the sapplings as you're liable to do damage to the machine and not just the blades.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
I do have the mulching kit. Under the thin coat of loam I have mostly sand. I started mulching to keep some organic matter and hope to help the soil.

Good point on the saplings. I will remove anything I can without hitting the mower. Most of what I'm talking about with saplings are really tiny thin things, not the usual 1" saplings. These were all chopped down about 1 year ago and just started popping up again. I haven't kept the area mowed because of lots of rocks and uneven areas. I have help this weekend to clean it up.

These go to eleven.

Picture of jcsabolt2
posted Hide Post
Them chemical Crossbow will kill the saplings if you spray it on the leaves, just don't drown the grass around it or it will die too. Another one is a pelletized chemical called Spike, works great on trees and other woody stems and won't impact grass...just sprinkle it around the base. Takes 6 months to work, but they will never come back.

----------
“Nobody can ever take your integrity away from you. Only you can give up your integrity.” H. Norman Schwarzkopf

Posts: 3629 | Registered: July 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post