SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Need a thermal sleeping bag liner that's NOT mummy style.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need a thermal sleeping bag liner that's NOT mummy style. Login/Join 
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted
Need help finding a thermal sleeping bag liner that's not mummy style. Preferably as light weight as possible, since this is going to be packed in luggage and space is at a premium.

Any suggestions? Everything I can find that advertises any kind of thermal properties at all is mummy.

Thanks in advance.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16273 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
You need a Woobie:

https://kifaru.net/store/sleep...stems/woobie-doobie/

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://seatosummitusa.com/col.../sleeping-bag-liners

You can filter to only rectangular shapes.

Posts: 198 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: August 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
Thanks.

The woobie looks nice, but I'm feeling a little sticker shock.

As for Sea-to-Summit, I started with them and bought a bunch of other stuff. Their reactor series only comes in mummy.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16273 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BurtonRW:
Thanks.

The woobie looks nice, but I'm feeling a little sticker shock.

As for Sea-to-Summit, I started with them and bought a bunch of other stuff. Their reactor series only comes in mummy.

-Rob

The Woobie is pricy, I remember some nights with just a Woobie and a poncho into the 20's and being fine. It's been a while, but really loved not having to tote a sleeping bag everywhere.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
You need a woobie (poncho liner)

Go to the local army/navy

You can get them wayyyyy cheaper than what Bama posted

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11302 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10-8
Picture of Apphunter
posted Hide Post
Try a fleece blanket. If you really need a liner you could sew a zipper or magnets on it to get it to close like a liner.

Posts: 915 | Registered: November 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
www.wiggys.com

Great products at reasonable prices.

Posts: 118 | Location: KDTO...NTX | Registered: October 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What's the principal use?

A mummy-style is thermally efficient compared to a rectangular-shape. However, if you're going to be indoors and depending on what you'll be laying on, a rectangular-shape may be just fine.

Besides Sea-to-Summit, check out Cocoon, they've been a long time staple for travelers.

Posts: 14688 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Look at Campmor. They have several liners starting around 25 bucks.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16120 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fwbulldog
posted Hide Post
Big Agnes fleece.

Posts: 3017 | Location: Round Rock | Registered: February 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post