SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    My cousin and gas prices.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My cousin and gas prices. Login/Join 
Where there's smoke,
there's fire!!
Picture of techguy
posted
My cousin has a Chevy pickup that runs on diesel fuel. Last week he was bitching about fuel prices to fill his tank. Yesterday he bought an RV that has a 175 gallon tank that will cost over $800 to fill up. Crazy.

Posts: 1773 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: February 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
Maybe he got a good price because the previous owner didn't wanna fill it up?

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 17003 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
Maybe he will live out of the RV.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5963 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
During the last gas crunch Boats were going for pennies on the dollar.

Tons of people could no longer fill the tanks.

Posts: 4743 | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
During the last gas crunch Boats were going for pennies on the dollar.

Hmm... I may need another boat...

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24072 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
You wouldn’t know there’s a gas crunch around here. The roads are full of RVs, large trailers, and boats in tow, heading towards national parks full of Californians and lakes with no water.

People are bitchin’ about gas prices, but I haven’t seen any change in behavior.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8215 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Maybe he saved 15 percent on his car insurance, so he has extra cash to spend on gas.

Posts: 2480 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigwagon:
Maybe he saved 15 percent on his car insurance, so he has extra cash to spend on gas.

And he will save 23¢ in Federal diesel tax, so it’s practically free to drive. Thanks Joe!

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8215 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post