SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Question for those who suffer from seasonal allergies: After leaving allergy area, how long before allergies go away?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Question for those who suffer from seasonal allergies: After leaving allergy area, how long before allergies go away? Login/Join 
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted
I was suffering from allergies just as I left Oregon yesterday. I'm in FL now and I've still got the worst case of watery eyes and runny nose that I've ever had.

How long after leaving and allergy area does it take for your body to go back to normal?

Thanks.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5401 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crossfire fanatic

Picture of mr.sig239
posted Hide Post
Mine never go away. They just get better or worse. I would think Florida is in season for all kinds of pollen right now.

phil

Posts: 2385 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: November 03, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Was in Florida until last Saturday. The allergy season there this year was REALLY bad this year. Not sure why as it had been drier than normal if anything.

Posts: 1963 | Location: Indiana or Florida depending on season  | Registered: March 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
Once I start having symptoms, they persist until about mid May when everything has fully bloomed. Some days are better than others but this year has been bonkers. Here in Virginia, we haven't had enough rain to clear the air in addition to crazy winds. I get shots for mine and take Flonase and Allegra. Little relief this year Confused

Posts: 2832 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Welcome to Florida. You'll find a whole new set of things to irritate your allergies here.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30677 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
When you move out of Florida LOL

It's 12 month growing season here, a few things hibernate in the "winter" months, then super bloom in our spring.

Oak Pollen in March, a lovely hue of green/yellow dust descends, covers everything. This is mostly central northern FL.

Generic Claritin is your friend, Costco's Kirkland brand is super inexpensive, and a good
companion for the day.

Posts: 23457 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
For me it's nearly instantaneous.

I suffer sinus problems pretty much year-round, now. (I started getting occasional sinus headaches as long as fifty years ago.) But, when I get out of the S.E. Michigan area, even if it's just going up to Michigan's north woods, they go away.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
I've got good news and I've got bad news.

Seasonal allergies go away quickly when going to location. They also come back quickly when returning to old location (e.g. within seconds of the plane doors opening in my home town).

My allergies were gone when I moved away from the Upper Midwest to the high dessert plains of Midland, TX, in the late 90s. It was awesome! I shared my joy with my new primary care physician, and he shared the bad news [paraphrase]unfortunately, with the quantity and severity of your seasonal allergies you're likely to develop seasonal allergies here over time [/paraphrase]. At the end of the 18 months, I had begun to develop some allergies but nowhere near as bad as my Upper Midwest allergies. Obviously, YMMV.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23263 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
I don't normally get allergies, but when it hits me, it's pretty hard.

After two days of Zyrtec and two nights of Benadryl, I'm starting to feel like myself again. Hopefully I'm done with this all by tomorrow.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5401 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am usually living on loratadine (generic Claridin) year-round.

They never go away just get better and worse.

I just bought an air purifier for my house.

Best investment I have spent in years.

My allergies got better in three days.

I am off the pills most of the time.

Posts: 4743 | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
It's not like Florida doesn't have trees or plants right?

I moved to Arizona and quickly got allergies. I had to go to a daily dose of allertec. I have a neti pot that I used before I started the allertec. And I've also gotten a jar of local honey to sweeten my occasional hot tea.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19664 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post