SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Matt's Off Road recovery on Youtube
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Matt's Off Road recovery on Youtube Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Just started following him a few weeks ago before he got popped with these charges. Sucks if they are true.

Posts: 4783 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I enjoy their videos. There are a couple that have made my stomach knot up from the trail slope. I think every shop needs an Ed.

Posts: 187 | Registered: December 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Life's too short to
live by the rules
posted Hide Post
As with most of you all, we also watch Matt, Fab Rats and Robbie Layton. Great channels. Better then the crap on network TV that’s for sure.

Posts: 1697 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: August 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Redleg06:
Recovery of the golden nugget was quite an adventure.

It was and I’m really enjoying the “restoration” of the Suzuki.

I have also been watching them since the early days and their video production has improved 100 fold. With the number of subscribers he has he is making way more money making videos that pulling people out of sand traps.

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6332 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cmparrish:
As with most of you all, we also watch Matt, Fab Rats and Robbie Layton.

And I'm actually learning things on that one. 97% of it I will never remember or apply, but there there have been a few things I've stored away in my brain.

Posts: 21121 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Who'd of thought that yanking stuff out of mud, sand and snow could be so entertaining. I watch "Highway Through Hell" also.

Posts: 632 | Registered: June 11, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For me at least, one of the things that makes these videos so fun to watch is that Matt, and his crew, never make anyone feel wrong for getting stuck no matter how questionable the decisions were that got them there.

There is no judgement issued, he doesn't impinge on anyone's character. They are simply someone who is in a situation where they need some help to get moving again.

This little slice of life in southwest Utah has some lessons on how to live life among others that go far beyond whether to use a winch or a kinetic rope.

Posts: 964 | Registered: August 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^I noticed that too. In fact he goes out of his way to be kind and understanding. I like that he gives a T shirt to those he rescues. Some of the situations he has to work in are far beyond what I'd want to do. I covet his snow cat.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29723 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
Matt... "I'm Building The WORLD'S LARGEST Off-Road Wrecker"

Thats a pretty big claim! This is going to be really interesting.

https://youtu.be/mk-HChMpypU

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4130 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Once I saw the Morrvaire, I was hooked.

And then Paul, Trail Mater, Robby...

Posts: 1352 | Location: WI | Registered: July 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of IntrepidTraveler
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by UTsig:
Ha, I just finished watching Matt's latest. I really enjoy them, many places he goes are familiar to me. @IntrepidTraveler, we could have had lunch!

I keep forgetting about you when I'm out that way! I'd really enjoy that based on our common interests and past conversations. I have yet to meet one of my imaginary friends here in person.

Thus the metric system did not really catch on in the States, unless you count the increasing popularity of the nine-millimeter bullet.
- Dave Barry

"Never go through life saying 'I should have'..." - quote from the 9/11 Boatlift Story (thanks, sdy for posting it)

Posts: 3302 | Location: Carlsbad NM/ Augusta GA | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
I like Matt and his videos, although I'm happy to see that somebody in the "recovery business" finally started putting winches on their vehicles (even if they are from Harbor Freight).

As far as his wrecker build, more power to him. I really appreciate people who can build things from scratch, but despite what he's doing I'm pretty sure Oshkosh has him outdone by several orders of magnitude.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15728 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Texas Proud
Picture of texassierra
posted Hide Post
"Diesel" Dave Sparks has a Oshkosh transport truck that had a commercial tow apparatus installed. He nearly turned it over unloading it in the video below around 12:40 mark. Talk about nice guy...he's always helping individuals out on his own dime.

NRA Life Patron

Posts: 1907 | Location: DFW | Registered: March 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I to was an early subscriber to Matt's channel and then Fab Rats.

Robby seems like one impressive young man. That shop of his had to cost some serious money.

I don't follow them anymore because it became repetitive to me and the "builds" aren't interesting (to me).

Cool people for sure though.

Posts: 491 | Location: St. Augustine, FL | Registered: April 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Yellow Jacket
posted Hide Post
Along with Matt, Paul and Robby you need to add Rory and his "trail mater." The "trail mater" is an off road tow truck and a rock crawler extraordinaire! All four of these guys work together at times.

https://youtu.be/xzlMdl1TxZ4

They are my favorite channels of all the channels I watch.

God's mercy: NOT getting what we deserve!
God's grace: Getting what we DON'T deserve!

"If the enemy is in range, so are you." - Infantry Journal

Bob
P239 40 S&W
Endowment NRA
Viet Nam '69-'70

Posts: 1099 | Location: Fayette County, GA | Registered: April 14, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
SNIP:
Each month, Matt's Off Road Recovery' YouTube channel gets around 18.44 million views a month and more than 614.67 thousand views each day.

Net Worth Spot estimates that Matt's Off Road Recovery earns $73.76 thousand a month, totaling $1.11 million a year.

https://www.networthspot.com/m...-recovery/net-worth/

Posts: 4130 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
^^^^^ Social Blade dot com is also a good way to get an idea of YouTubers earnings.

Posts: 11862 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wingspar
posted Hide Post
Had to almost had to go to the bottom of page two before I saw anyone mention Trail Mater. That’s the most amazing tow truck I’ve ever seen and for some reason it makes me think of Larry the Cable Guy. I think I’ve watched his “Walk Around Video” in Trail Mater twice. Matt’s channel got me started on Fab Rats, Trail Mater and Robbie Layton. The detail in stripping and painting the Banana was excellent. He is an example of what a body shop should be.

---------------
Gary
Will Fly for Food... and more Ammo
Mosquito Lubrication Video

If Guns Cause Crime, Mine Are Defective.... Ted Nugent

Posts: 2505 | Location: Oregon | Registered: January 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post
Matt's Off-Road Recovery - John Wayne Gritcast. Matt gets interviewed by John Wayne's son.

Posts: 2681 | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by a1abdj:
I'm pretty sure Oshkosh has him outdone by several orders of magnitude.

Well he put SEVERAL qualifiers on his claim so...
Subjective, largest that...has or does or is XXX, XXX, XXX, XXX, XXX and XXX.
So he may still be technically correct. Time will tell.