SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Gun industry has slowed down, now is the time to buy
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gun industry has slowed down, now is the time to buy Login/Join 
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lefty Sig:
People bought a lot during the COVID and BLM runs, and now they are short on discretionary cash due to inflation.

Yep, I’ve tried selling off a lot of stuff in the last year and nobody is buying anything unless it’s at “pull your pants down” prices. It’s not just guns, it’s other hobbies as well. People are hurting for money and this is going to go back up the chain to retail and manufacturing.

Posts: 17621 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
Yep. They're auctioning off their remaining inventory through a third party liquidator.

I noticed that in an email the other day.
Does that mean they are closing up shop or just way too overproduced for awhile and need to clear out inventory quick before the end of the year?

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25674 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
Yep. They're auctioning off their remaining inventory through a third party liquidator.

I noticed that in an email the other day.
Does that mean they are closing up shop or just way too overproduced for awhile and need to clear out inventory quick before the end of the year?

From what I have read around the internet, DSG Arms closed up shop several months ago.

Posts: 6711 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Yeah... They're dead, Jim.

Posts: 33037 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
Primary Arms today has an Anderson complete lower for $100, and a complete upper for $230. So a complete AR for $330 plus tax and shipping and transfer fees.

Posts: 7631 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Shops are closing down here, too. And don't wait for ammo prices to drop-it's not going to. Nitrocellulose (?) is in very short supply due to the ongoing wars, plus China was a big supplier (no longer, I believe Biden included that on the AK ammo restoration.) Now it's Norway and Sweden, I believe, neither huge producers. Fortunately for me, I had just about finished my "Clinton will ban guns" panic buying, the distributors were selling at ridiculous prices and over 10 round mags were being dumped when Para gave us the good word. I was in a position to listen and did so.

Posts: 17253 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post