SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Gun industry has slowed down, now is the time to buy
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gun industry has slowed down, now is the time to buy Login/Join 
If you see me running
try to keep up
Picture of mrvmax
posted
I am noticing my distributors putting a lot of stuff on clearance. I’d suggest stocking up in the next few months while prices are fairly low. It does not take much to drive them back up quickly, so take advantage of current pricing. Who knows what will happen with the election to drive them back up.

Start perusing some of the larger online dealers and you should see some pretty good discounts. Wholesale there are some really cheap stuff, I saw a quality AR that retailed for 13-1400 and I can pick it up cheap enough to sell for the low 800’s. I saw a plain Jane XD in the caliber nobody likes now (40 S&W) for less than 300 wholesale. You should start seeing stuff with good retail pricing. Get it while it’s affordable.

Posts: 4222 | Location: Friendswood Texas | Registered: August 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It’s good advice, unfortunately my governor is doing his best to make that somewhere between difficult and illegal.

Posts: 1162 | Registered: July 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Got plenty of pew pews, need ammo to come down

Posts: 5536 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Left-Handed,
NOT Left-Winged!
posted Hide Post
A local independent dealer is closing down and traffic at all of them is low. People bought a lot during the COVID and BLM runs, and now they are short on discretionary cash due to inflation.

Posts: 4916 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Guess it’s time to start seriously looking for a semi auto 12 gauge again.

Posts: 13829 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lefty Sig:
A local independent dealer is closing down and traffic at all of them is low. People bought a lot during the COVID and BLM runs, and now they are short on discretionary cash due to inflation.

Yep. And it's not just the little guys. Some of the bigger shops are getting hit hard or even going under as well, like DSG Arms.

Posts: 33037 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting this MRV!

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7261 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree with you op. There are also a lot of good deals on used leo trade ins. For example, Classic Firearms just had a deal on used gen 2 Glock 17 pistols, as they were supposedly from a dept. of corrections guns. They had some minor issues but for the price, you couldn't beat them. They had them on sale for only $199, plus shipping and tax but you have to be able to find those deals and jump on them when you can.

Posts: 7057 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
need ammo to come down

Ammo have come down and have stabilized for quite some time. Don't expect them to go down to pre-panic levels.

Q

Posts: 27512 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Smarter than the
average bear
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
need ammo to come down

Ammo have come down and have stabilized for quite some time. Don't expect them to go down to pre-panic levels.

Yep, especially 9mm. For about 10 years .20/round was a good price, although you could occasionally do better with a super sale or rebate. In December I bought Geco 124gr for $223/case all in. And recently bought some 9mm from Academy for $209/case. All brass cased and reloadable. Don’t expect it to get much lower.

And there has been great pricing available on premium self defense ammo. And .40.

Time to buy is now.

.223/5.56 is still a little high, but not bad considering.

Posts: 3532 | Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana | Registered: June 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
Para had a thread years ago pre-Covid where he advised buy now while things are quiet.

I'm sure all of us regret not stocking up more on 15cpr 9mm and 22cpr 5.56/.223 back then. I'm not making that mistake again and have been stocking up on what I can reasonably afford.

If you're into ARs, you should have at least 7 mags for each complete AR you own. Magpul M2 and GI surplus 30rnd mags are available for under $10/mag if you do a little looking.

Anderson AR stripped lowers can be had for $30-40. Maybe you're too good for poverty pony, but point is, buy the serialized part while they're currently affordable. Don't wait for the ATF or whatever gun-grabbers to waive their ban hammers. All the other non-serialized parts you need to complete an AR can be purchased later.

Posts: 3262 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
Midway has a CMMG 6mm arc upper on sale $250 off.
Now they have one less.

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3870 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of IndianaMike
posted Hide Post
thank you for the heads up i hope the retailers pass it along

Posts: 1622 | Location: NORTHEAST INDIANA | Registered: August 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because something is legal to do doesn't mean it is the smart thing to do.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mrvmax:

SI saw a plain Jane XD in the caliber nobody likes now (40 S&W) for less than 300 wholesale.

Been looking for some of those .40s that everybody says is selling cheap. Doesn't seem to be any around here.

Integrity is doing the right thing, even when nobody is looking.

Posts: 4226 | Location: Metamora MI | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of uvahawk
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
Originally posted by Lefty Sig:

Yep. And it's not just the little guys. Some of the bigger shops are getting hit hard or even going under as well, like DSG Arms.

Just looked at DSG Arms. Between steep discounts and auctions (including Benelli M4s), looks like a fire sale.

Posts: 225 | Location: Low Country, South Carolina | Registered: November 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Yep. They're auctioning off their remaining inventory through a third party liquidator.

Posts: 33037 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looking at plastic fantastic rifles like Bullpups and the SCAR list prices are still flying high. I’d like to try a Tavor 7 but $2k plus is just crazy compared to the M1 or AR10 prices.

“That’s what.” - She

Posts: 391 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: June 06, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 400m:
It’s good advice, unfortunately my governor is doing his best to make that somewhere between difficult and illegal.

Pritzker or Mr. Guilfoyle? If you hadn't said he, I would have included Dimples.

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3604 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Not really seeing it on any kind of scale. Maybe just the tip of the iceberg? Razz

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19706 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blackmore:
quote:
Originally posted by 400m:

Pritzker or Mr. Guilfoyle? If you hadn't said he, I would have included Dimples.
JB Pritzker
It kills me reading threads like this because I’m not allowed to have these toys anymore. I just have to live vicariously.

Posts: 1162 | Registered: July 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post