SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Did You All Know That Aunt Jemima Is Now “Pearl Milling Company”?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Did You All Know That Aunt Jemima Is Now “Pearl Milling Company”? Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted
Was out food shopping this morning, I’m walking past the aisle where all the pancake mix and pancake syrups, etc are and I see this new brand called Pearl Milling Company on the shelves. I’ve never heard of this stuff before, so I quick googled it on my phone and found out that it’s the new name for Aunt Jemima.

Way to go you woke douchebags Roll Eyes

You’ve completely destroyed a 130 year old household name brand and replaced it with something that looks unknown to consumers. Aunt Jemima was such an iconic brand and it stood out on the shelves, this you could not pick out amongst all the other brands there now. It looked almost generic.

I hope their sales drop off a cliff.

What a dumb name, they claim it was the “original“ name of the company, but that’s BS.

Posts: 33867 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
She got fired for being black.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34138 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
Pearl Milling Company?

Who?

Yeah, I don't think that I'm looking for that when browsing the aisle. We weren't shopping for syrup 131 years ago, so as you say:

Their sales will drop off a cliff.

Posts: 9168 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post

(Stolen from the political meme thread)

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30430 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:

Post of the day! Big Grin

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30727 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Uncle Bens rice was good. Bens rice sucks. I think they made whitey cut down on the salt. Is Mrs. Butterworth still around?

Posts: 17277 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
Is Mrs. Butterworth still around?

I think she came out as transfat and changed his name to Mr. Margarineworthy…..

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TXJIM:
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
Is Mrs. Butterworth still around?

I think she came out as transfat and changed his name to Mr. Margarineworthy…..

Lol, I see what you did there.

Posts: 7374 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
When I realized the only syrup in those bottles was the high fructose variety I started buying real syrup.

Posts: 3469 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:

Yeah... but I hope the white dudes who did it also get fired for killing the brand

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24172 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Uncle Ben's Rice is now Ben's Original Rice.

Posts: 238 | Registered: March 11, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Don't buy it, you can still taste the racism.

Posts: 21122 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
Go with real maple syrup or go away!

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4582 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I made a post when they first announced they would be canceling Aunt Jemima. It pisses me off that anyone actually thinks this has any positive impact on our society. Even my super liberal relatives think this was beyond idiotic with the exception of my brothers wife. She thinks it was wonderful. She is beyond gone because her stage 4 progressivism has metastasized so there is no hope for her. Her ability to reason and think on her own has been replaced with all important emotions and that seems to trump everything else in her world.

Pearl milling company sounds like a boring name that is easily forgettable. I bet they are so proud of themselves for erasing a beautiful icon and making their brand identity vanish.

I long for a day when advertising and companies seek to be apolitical and focus on their products and customers first. Corporate wokeism is silly, stupid and ultimately dishonest.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21125 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I find it ironic that the only two black faces I was familiar with until about age 8 have been cancelled. Ben and Aunt Jemima used to smile at me as I ate....but I'm sure they have a nice, woke logo now.

Posts: 17148 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
It's the end result of participation trophy culture.

Some leftist shitbag somewhere had to have their recognition for "doing something". Look at meeeeee, I DID SOMETHING!!!! I'm important now! I have a legacy!!!

Even though what they did was evil. They still think they are the good guy because those around them think the same.

Doing something good requires sacrifice. Doing something evil hurts others and you gain.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34138 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark60:
When I realized the only syrup in those bottles was the high fructose variety I started buying real syrup.

And they now advertise "No High Fructose Corn Syrup". Check the ingredients and the top item is "Corn Syrup". Yeah.

Forget the mass marketed synthetic crap, it's all the same regardless of brand.

Posts: 4727 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What a horrible name for a pancake mix and syrup product. Some real marketing geniuses at Pepsico and Quaker Oats.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sgalczyn:

Go with real maple syrup
Absolutely!

A 32-ounce jug is around ten bucks at Costco.

Tastes so much better than the chemistry experiment artificial stuff.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30727 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Since I'm on a low-carb lifestyle (not "diet"), I don't walk down that aisle. I do miss the Indian lass on Land O'Fakes, however.
Is there still a Hiawatha Falls in Mpls?

Posts: 18089 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post