SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    99 Degrees Today... October 2nd
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

99 Degrees Today... October 2nd Login/Join 
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo54:
quote:
Originally posted by archerman:
27 this morning, and clear up to 56 now.

Woke up to 28 and currently 51. We got our first snow last Saturday. Looking like winter is going to be 6 months long this year. Frown

Jim

I'm hoping we get at least a few weeks of Indian summer/fall. While I'm ready for winter, I'd prefer to enjoy some fall for awhile first.

Snow in the hills, trees turning, crisp days.... You can't beat it.

The snow we got the other day almost broke my 2 year old maple. It hasn't been cold enough yet so it's still full of leaves. I got up in the morning to see the branches bent clear over to the ground. I went out and shook them off and all is good, but sheesh! Reminds me of August of '93 (IIRC) when we got about a foot of snow one day. It was rather comical to see all of the out of state vehicles heading back out of state. Big Grin

Posts: 20611 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's pronounced just
the way it's spelled
posted Hide Post
It's been highs in the 80s this week, with lows in the 60s. Definitely below normal here.

Posts: 1522 | Location: Arid Zone A | Registered: February 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
31F with snow squalls at 2550' two hours north of Quebec City yesterday.

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3633 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIG's 'n Surefires
Picture of M-11
posted Hide Post
Hottest Sept on record in St Louis, going back to 1897. Set daily records Mon & Tues, and Tuesday's was a record hi for Oct. Finally, relief starts today.

"Common sense is wisdom with its sleeves rolled up." -Kyle Farnsworth
"Freedom of Speech does not guarantee freedom from consequences." -Mike Rowe
"Democracies aren't overthrown, they're given away." -George Lucas

Posts: 6880 | Location: IL, due south of the Arch | Registered: April 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
I know it won’t make you guys back east feel any better, but we’re freezing out here in the intermountain west. There’s frost on my roof in the morning, and I need to hurry and winterize the boat.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8279 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yesterday it was 93 degrees, and my boat is still in the shop....

----------------------------------------------------
Dances with Crabgrass

Posts: 2183 | Location: East Virginia | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
The cold front just moved through. It was 95 this afternoon, smashing the old record of 90 set 100 years ago. Go figure. We've officially had no rain since Sept 2. I don't trust any of the data put out by the government.. We got rain, just none at the airport where they keep the records. It felt warm today, but not all that uncomfortable. Low humidity, it was a dry heat.

Tomorrow the high is supposed to be 72 Smile. I can live with that. What choice do I have?

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18394 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bronicabill:
Title says it all! Projected high today is insane, considering this is the 2nd day of October! Sure as heck wish autumn would show up!!! < sigh >
I imagine you're fixin' to get the same cooling next week just like us. Starting Monday, we're supposed to have day time highs in the low 80s with negligible humidity and night time lows in the low 60s / high 50s.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23692 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
98' in central Texas. 'Cold front' may drop the high to 85' next week.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 6003 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Soon it will be fall here in Texas. I'm going to enjoy it all week, then it'll be winter for a few months and then finally a week of spring weather and then 9 months of summer.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3634 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Mr. Kablammo and Sigspecops are spot on.

99 yesterday when I went to get the Tomminator from school....they say next week will be a cold snap (80s) likely....

Can’t wait

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11477 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
HAPPY JULY 96th!!!

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12708 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Make America Great Again
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:
HAPPY JULY 96th!!!

LOL...

It is a tiny bit cooler here today, then rain and storms are SUPPOSED to be on tap from Sunday through Tuesday, with temps dropping in the low '70's for the highs by Tuesday. I can hardly wait!!!

Posts: 4789 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It will be 92-94F here today, but this is So. Az. and fall has not arrived here just yet......but soon!!

Posts: 6719 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Mid 90s here today and bone dry. Need a break.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12943 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post