SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    99 Degrees Today... October 2nd
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

99 Degrees Today... October 2nd Login/Join 
Make America Great Again
Picture of bronicabill
posted
Title says it all! Projected high today is insane, considering this is the 2nd day of October! Sure as heck wish autumn would show up!!! < sigh >

Posts: 4789 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yep. In Tallahassee this last weekend, temps in the 100's each day.

Posts: 2044 | Registered: September 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
93 here in Delaware/ Philadelphia area.

But tomorrow it drops back down to the 60's. Can't wait for that.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30954 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
...do justly, love
mercy, walk humbly...
posted Hide Post
"Feels like" 102 here in our part of SC right now. If we can just hang on a few more days...the projected high for Fri is 95, and then 73 on Sat...whoop!!!

Posts: 746 | Location: Upstate, SC | Registered: September 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Same here in Atlanta. Crotchpot cookin

Posts: 5560 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The 2nd guarantees the 1st
Picture of fiasconva
posted Hide Post
Yep, right now at 4:25 it's 93 in the shade here.

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra

Posts: 1903 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Make America Great Again
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
Yep... supposed to drop all the way down to 91 by Friday, 82 by Sunday, and finally upper ‘70’s by Tuesday... then rising again!

Posts: 4789 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Buy high and sell "low"
Picture of archerman
posted Hide Post
27 this morning, and clear up to 56 now.

Archerman

Posts: 2500 | Location: N. Idaho | Registered: February 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
Yeah. Fuck this shit. It’s 94 in the shade here at 515. 98 today, heat index in the 100s.

I’m ready for fall

Supposed to be more seasonal here from Friday on

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Mid 90s in Central Florida for the last week. No rain in 5 weeks.

Not too nice around here right now.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12943 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by archerman:

Woke up to 28 and currently 51. We got our first snow last Saturday. Looking like winter is going to be 6 months long this year. Frown

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ArtieS:

Mid 90s in Central Florida for the last week. No rain in 5 weeks.
I got rained on yesterday. Very localized showers, but they were fairly heavy while they lasted.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31452 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
This has been the hottest Sept/Oct I ever remember. Coupled with our extreme drought (last rain was August 3rd), this hot streak has frayed everyone.

I have been running fans in my dog's kennels since June. To me, the sun's rays, due to the lowerin the sky of the sun, burn much more than any other time.

I am on antibiotics, treatment for Lyme disease, and having to avoid the sun or get blistered.

To me, the extreme dryness is worst than the heat. All vegatation is dead, my trees are wilting and losing leaves. Plus probably my well water is low.

I don't even attempt to do anything outside , except early AM, or after 7pm.
This is in South Central Va.

Last September, we were almost washed away due to excessive rain and flooding.
Please rain.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
49 currently in the Yoop. Rain forecast most days this week. I hope to get in a couple more BMW days before the snow flies.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16391 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Supposed to be 98 around RDU tomorrow. Jesus.

Posts: 1107 | Location: Cary NC | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Make America Great Again
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by archerman:

Well then, send it down my way!!!

Make America Great Again
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
<<snip>>
I got rained on yesterday. Very localized showers, but they were fairly heavy while they lasted.

Rain? What is that??? I know nothing of this.... "rain" that you speak of! Eek Big Grin

SIGforum Official
Eye Doc
Picture of bcereuss
posted Hide Post
Fall for us means cold, wind, rain, fog...bring back summer.

Posts: 3014 | Location: (Occupied) Northern Minnesota | Registered: June 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Move Up or
Move Over
posted Hide Post
3 months no rain...

My pastures are all crunchy. I'm 1/3 of the way through our winter hay. Probably going to have to drive several hours to get some.

My fall turkey's are having a hard time of it. We have enough infrastructure for the amount of birds we have for what the temps are supposed to be but not enough for them to be this big while it is this hot.

I'm building additional shade and pasture tractors as fast as I can but being in traveling sales pretty much relegates me to weekends.

We need several soaking rains soon and then some moderate temperatures to allow pasture growth or the big cattle guys in particular are going go be in real trouble.

Most of the large ag growers around lost their late summer crops. Crop insurance is getting hammered.

97* today. 5* above the old record. 20* above our average.

I'm glad I don't have to sell any cows this year. Ours are 10% under weight...

Our pigs are making it but we are keeping their wallows full 3 times a day. I'm trying to get them processed a couple months early as they aren't putting any weight on now.

Posts: 4954 | Location: middle Tennessee | Registered: October 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
22 degs this morning with ice fog. Sun didn't break through the fog until almost noon. We did warm up to 48 though. Still a lot of this weekends snow on the side hills and north facing areas.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post