SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I'm Going To Be A Daddy Again!
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I'm Going To Be A Daddy Again! Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted
Any other older Dads here with young kids?

I didn't get married until age 39 and never had planned on it to be honest but then I went on eHarmony and now have a 5 year old boy and a 2.5 year old boy seven years into the marriage!

My wife really wanted a girl so I gave in and we recently found out that we will be having our third child in August. I really hope it's a girl to balance out these two very active little boys but I'll be grateful for either sex as long as they are healthy.

The way I look at it is they keep me young and moving and so what if I'll be mistaken for the grandfather at high school graduations, etc right?

With two births now, I do feel a lot less nervous about the third one!

Posts: 33902 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
Mazel Tov!

I'm 43 with a 6 yr old boy. I think that makes me an old dad. Many of his friends' parents with whom we've become social however are around the same age.

Posts: 5906 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: September 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Congratulations Sir.

Posts: 5360 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congratulations! our youngest is 3 and I am 51, so I know what it is like to be the grand dad at all the school functions etc. It is a lot of fun, and I actually miss the infant phase.

There is something good and motherly about Washington, the grand old benevolent National Asylum for the helpless.
- Mark Twain The Gilded Age

#CNNblackmail #CNNmemewar

Posts: 706 | Location: Seacoast in USA | Registered: September 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm 43 with a 6 yr old boy. I think that makes me an old dad. Many of his friends' parents with whom we've become social however are around the same age

44 with a 5yo here. Smile I love that little guy. (He was #4 too....)

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9163 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
38 and my son will be 1 next week.

Posts: 1183 | Location: DFW Metromess | Registered: May 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!

Ha! Time for a mini van.

Oh, look... the very next thread!

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12800 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Recondite Raider
Picture of lizardman_u
posted Hide Post
Well 49 (50 in April) with a Nine Year old boy who will turn 10 in May.

Forget the mini van, get a nice SUV Smile

Posts: 3564 | Location: Boardman, Oregon | Registered: September 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
It's ok. Black can help you find some awesome wheels for it.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12800 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
I think we're the same age. I'll be 47 this March. I was also a bit late to the party, got married at 36. I have 2 boys that are 14 months apart. They are 9 and 8. I was done at 2 though. It seems the world is made for a family of 4, 5 is a bit tougher. Congrats!

Posts: 5769 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Devil's Advocate
Picture of Holger Danske
posted Hide Post
Fifty-four with 12-, 10-, 7-year-old boys and a 16-month-old boy. They will either keep me spry or put me in the ground early -- it's a toss-up right now.

Around home, I don't get granddad much, though more often lately, partly because it's a college town, so by default more older parents. But away from home, I get it much more frequently. Interestingly, no matter where, I get it far more from non-caucasion folks.

And, yes, a minivan (sigh).

________
Homo sum: humani nil a me alienum puto

Posts: 1080 | Location: Baton Rouge | Registered: March 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Congrats and best wishes.

Posts: 22955 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Congrats!

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ArtieS:
It's ok. Black can help you find some awesome wheels for it.

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Had my 2nd girl when I was 42, that was a complete surprise! The wife and I thought we had the right time/wrong time figured out. NOT!!

She is now 20 and doing fantastic in college. I must admit we were much less active with her as we were with her 13 years older sister.

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Save today, so you can
buy tomorrow
posted Hide Post
That is great news. Congratulations!!! We were only blessed with 1. I really wish we had another one so our son have another sibling. Babies are always a blessing.

Happy for you!!!

Posts: 1891 | Location: Las Vegas | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Good for you! Hope pregnancy is easy for your wife and birth is even better. Congratulations

Posts: 13310 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats!
And all you 50 year old whelps need to step aside for a 69 year old father of a 5 year old and a 19 month old.
It’s wonderful but I’m already fearing I’ll leave them way too soon.

Posts: 1072 | Location: Cary NC | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
Congrats! We had our solo child later in life as we were 37 years old.

Posts: 3737 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
Holy Crap! Congratulations, but at 57, I can't imagine having another kid. I bet my 30 year old son couldn't either. BUT, I got fixed 25 years ago, so it's not an issue.

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post