SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I'm Going To Be A Daddy Again!
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I'm Going To Be A Daddy Again! Login/Join 
Picture of Bob RI
posted Hide Post
Congrats! I was 40 when my son was born and I see lots of older Dads these days.

Posts: 4521 | Registered: January 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FrankMoses:
Congrats!
And all you 50 year old whelps need to step aside for a 69 year old father of a 5 year old and a 19 month old.
It’s wonderful but I’m already fearing I’ll leave them way too soon.

WOW! I feel like a kid at age 47 here! Big Grin

Posts: 33901 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Repressed
Picture of ShneaSIG
posted Hide Post
Congratulations! My daughter is the greatest joy of my life. I'm thrilled for you! Smile

-ShneaSIG

Oh, by the way, which one's "Pink?"

Posts: 11059 | Location: MO | Registered: November 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!
Children are a blessing, at any age.
Our 3 have recently left the nest...

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24191 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You don’t fix faith,
River. It fixes you.

Picture of Yanert98
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!
Welcome once again to the "Old Dad's Club"!

The great news is that having kids late makes you a way more level-headed parent. More patient, kind, loving. More wisdom to share.

The bad news... having to chase away boys from your teenage daughter in your 60's or 70's Big Grin

My plan is to stay fit, keep rolling jitsu, and fit my pistols with red-dots to overcome my diminishing eye sight. Big Grin

Enjoy the ride and we look forward to seeing pics of a healthy baby when the time comes.

----------------------------------
"If you are not prepared to use force to defend civilization, then be prepared to accept barbarism.." - Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2673 | Location: Migrating with the Seasons | Registered: September 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats as well. I am currently 37 with our first due within a few days of my 38th birthday coming up in a few months. I am trying to follow the get healthy advice as well. My mom had me when she was 40, I think I've turned out reasonably okay so I don't think I have as much to worry about as a an "old" dad.

Posts: 340 | Location: Twin Cities MN | Registered: April 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ftttu
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!

Retired Texas Lawman

Posts: 1183 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 03, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dar185:
41. I will be 42 when there is only 4 spots left in our 12 passenger van Smile

That's so awesome.

I was pretty indifferent when we were about to have our first. Now, 12 years later, I wish I had started earlier and had more. 4 keeps us busy, but I think we could have handled more, and I feel like we were blessed with an environment and household that would be a good place for more.

Not in the cards tho, it seems.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9163 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats!

Please support the SF "Help Mike!" campaign to raise legal fees for a 72 year old Texas teacher and hobby rancher who had 6 forgotten 9mm rounds in his checked luggage leaving T&C and faced 12 years in prison and $50k legal fees at https://fundrazr.com/b2KZgc.

Posts: 2023 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: April 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too clever by half
Picture of jigray3
posted Hide Post
God never gives you more than you can handle.

Here's to keeping the balls in the air!

COngrats, PASig.

"We have a system that increasingly taxes work, and increasingly subsidizes non-work" - Milton Friedman

Posts: 10354 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: December 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post