SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    News question for the Arizonuts (D. Shaver shooting )
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

News question for the Arizonuts (D. Shaver shooting ) Login/Join 
posted
Last December a guy ( Daniel Shaver) got shot in a motel in Mesa, AZ by a l.e.o. with a rifle,

it made all kinds of national news because of body cam footage,
Last I heard , the l.e.o. was fired from the P.D. but was acquitted of any wrong killing charges.

Did any settlement ever happen in the news down there?

Did the widow or dead mans parents get 30 million dollars ?
Has anyone heard anything ?

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54659 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/...ing_of_Daniel_Shaver

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6219 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
yeah thats the dead guy ,
I am wondering if Mesa had to pay out a giant settlement ?

Posts: 54659 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
Following orders, when drunk as a skunk, to crawl around with hands in the air sounds difficult.

Perhaps it would be better to lie face down, spread eagle.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was hoping to hear that the parents got 9 mil and the wife also got nine million in civil court, or a settlement

posted Hide Post
quote:
Following orders, when drunk as a skunk, to crawl around with hands in the air sounds difficult.

or

don't ! move! a fucking muscle! and let the cops come to your drunk ass.

( but when you are drunk, remembering stuff gets to be a real chore )

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
The man was murdered, and that police officer should have been jailed for his stupid fucking shit.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107640 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
quote:

or

don't ! move! a fucking muscle! and let the cops come to your drunk ass.

( but when you are drunk, remembering stuff gets to be a real chore )

That's what I'm saying. Lie Down, spread out, take a nap.

Nothing can hurt you when you're taking a nap.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
The man was murdered, and that police officer should have been jailed for his stupid fucking shit.

Which one: the one who executed Shaver, or the one who set in motion the game of 'Simon says' w/ Shaver's life?

Posts: 3186 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
The person who called, the desk clerk, was calling after another person saw Shaver pointing a rifle out the window and reported it to the clerk.

Police dispatch to MWAG, and (attempted to) deal with it according to their policy.

Cop that shot Shaver fucked up, so help me understand how the caller's action should be in question?

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43907 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
evidently ( i.i.u.c.)

One guy The Boss was screaming demands,commands while another one was the dedicated shooter, "just in case"

Maybe Mas Ayoob can help me understand why the guy with the rifle is not shouting the commands?

I understand why the boss is there , but did any actually see the gun that the 911 call reported?
did anyone hear gun shots?

and was the nine one one call heard in the court room?

that would be an interesting call to hear

Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
This lawsuit is gonna hurt Mesa taxpayers. Cop was fired and will probably have a hard time getting work as an abandoned mall cop. But he should grow old in prison.

Posts: 3542 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
yeah and the shooters ass hat boss retired ( 5 months later) and is now living in the Philippines .

Big Stack
posted Hide Post
I read so new here that the city thinks it has immunity under state law, and is trying to somehow work that at the federal level.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
So I think in the earlier discussion (at the time of the killing), did the shooter or the boss have a badge number that started with "00", as in 007. It would seem they got away with murder. Their qualification being they were Mesa cops.

We're all up in arms over the BLM problem. They just don't seem to understand the reasons for police shootings. Here we don't understand why the murderee (Shaver) got his ass shot. We all seem to have read and heard why Michael Brown got his just rewards. Maybe this is just tit for tat.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18389 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4859
posted Hide Post
Cop was on a power trip and should have never been a Cop. Glad he was fired. He should be in Jail.

-----------------------------
Always carry. Never tell.

Posts: 5772 | Location: Montana  | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post