SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Got to feeling like PHPaul the other day and decided to solve a situation that irritated me
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Got to feeling like PHPaul the other day and decided to solve a situation that irritated me Login/Join 
Picture of OttoSig
posted
Rifle rods are great products, they work extremely well for AR's and rifles. However, they leave a bit to be desired with shotguns, as the ID of the barrel lets the gun wobble quite a bit.

Problem solved.
PTFE Tubes
O-rings

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6369 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks good. Also added bonus of steel rods not scratching the barrel.

Maybe just the orings for the rifles?

Posts: 1045 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: August 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
I'm honored, and that is definitely a worthy fix.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15305 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PeteF:
Looks good. Also added bonus of steel rods not scratching the barrel.

Maybe just the orings for the rifles?

The rods are plastic and won’t hurt the barrel

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11325 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:
I'm honored, and that is definitely a worthy fix.

Is that clock still ticking correctly Mr. Paul?

Posts: 6369 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Smarter than the
average bear
posted Hide Post
Are those a harder plastic or foam like a pool noodle? If softer they’re probably fine, but I’d be a little para kid that a piece could get left in the barrel.

Posts: 3448 | Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana | Registered: June 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by honestlou:
Are those a harder plastic or foam like a pool noodle? If softer they’re probably fine, but I’d be a little para kid that a piece could get left in the barrel.

Like the link says, it’s PTFE. Hard plastic, so no fear of bits in the action.