SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    NCAA Tourney thread.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NCAA Tourney thread. Login/Join 
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
yep, once. VCU in 2011 I believe

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19190 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
Could care less for two major reasons. 1st colledge sports are no longer a sport but has been upgrade to BIG F___ing Business for both the schools as well as the supposidly students. 2nd lost all interest in basketball when the players are allowed and encouraged to swing and hang from the goal rim. Just my 2cts. .............................. drill sgt.

Posts: 2010 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by drill sgt:
Could care less for two major reasons. 1st colledge sports are no longer a sport but has been upgrade to BIG F___ing Business for both the schools as well as the supposidly students.

I think you're right for the most part. What I like about March Madness is that the small schools who don't have the "Big F'ing Business" involved still have a chance.

Same reason I love 1-AA football. A true playoff with teams made up of real student-athletes and not semi-pro players.

Posts: 20108 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Pulling for my alma mater UH in the final four.
They are not Phi Slamma Jamma but top 4 ain't bad.

Posts: 22910 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
HOLY CRAP!!! What a game! Big Grin

Posts: 20108 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
posted Hide Post
Well, that was one for the ages. Congrats to both Gonzaga and UCLA.

Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
That was historic!! Suggs will remember that shot with his last breath. Unbelievable!

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo54:
That was historic!! Suggs will remember that shot with his last breath. Unbelievable!

Jim

Hope he yelled “banker!” Great college game.

NRA Patron Member, Instructor and CRSO
NC CCH Instructor
GRNC Life Member
VCDL Member

Posts: 1838 | Registered: April 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Well, maybe the third time will be the charm.

always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
A disappointing contest.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16223 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Yeah, when you're getting your butts kicked, you have to play your opponent's game and not your own...because apparently it's not working.

The Zags failed to do that. They played great textbook basketball and got their asses handed to them by a team playing in your face jungle ball.

Not taking anything away from Baylor. They earned it and congrats to them, but the difference was stark and Gonzaga didn't or couldn't adjust.

Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
If the Zags coulda hit some threes, the middle would have opened up and it's a different game.
As it turned out, looked like the JV vs. the Varsity. All props to Baylor.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8347 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As someone who has been a college basketball fan (my boilers laid an egg this year), the best thing about this tourney was that it's over & now we are saved from the 'rona. Nobody is wearing a mask today.

From what little I caught this year, I thought Gonzaga was the team to beat, but they didn't know what to do when they got punched in the face last night.

Posts: 3297 | Location: IN | Registered: January 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
I'm sure that coach Few learned a few things from that game. He's going to add a little ghetto ball to his strategies in the future I'm sure.

It's going to be a few sad days around here. Oh well, there's always next year and the Bulldogs will be back.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
posted Hide Post
To much everything for the Zags. Size, strength, speed, athleticism, etc.

The drain of a long season being undefeated made the Zags look tired. It wore them out. Their guards did very little last night.

Baylor shot great from the line and rebounded the ball.

Baylor dominated from the start.

At least we did not have to watch Timme flex his muscles Roll Eyes

Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
Gonzaga was only undefeated as long as they were because they had a soft schedule. Look at the teams they played all season. A lot of those schools I’d never even heard of. I didn’t have a dog in the fight but congrats to Baylor. They clearly had the better team.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3969 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
PopeDaddy
Picture of x0225095
posted Hide Post
So happy for Baylor. They played a brilliant game...inside, outside, back door and their defense was completely suffocating. They were hungry and never stopped attacking. I agree when the announcers said that Baylor looked like they could play a second game they were still so fresh. They played smart when they had to and athletic when they wanted to. Fun team to watch.

Gonzaga had no answer and no bench and were clearly off balance all night after getting punched in face right from the opening tip. They just got crushed.

Indeed, Gonzaga offered very few poses and clowning about for the cameras during last night's game but I did see a few tears....and I hope they were salty.

0:01

Posts: 4211 | Location: ALABAMA | Registered: January 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PowerSurge:
Gonzaga was only undefeated as long as they were because they had a soft schedule. Look at the teams they played all season.

Everybody is undefeated when the tournament starts. They were clearly good enough to get to the final game. Just not better than Baylor.

posted Hide Post
Sic Em Bears! Way to go Baylor...!

Posts: 270 | Location: NorCal | Registered: June 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post