SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    NCAA Tourney thread.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NCAA Tourney thread. Login/Join 
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted
What a great tourney so far. Lots of great college basketball.

OU got a chance to take down Gonzaga? I think they do.

The Pac 12 is doing well. I think Oregon has a chance to knock off Iowa tomorrow as well.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19190 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
I am enjoying the games this year.

I like the upsets that are happening.

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3484 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Zags all the way.

Posts: 20108 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of slyguy
posted Hide Post
Crazy times call for crazy hoops.
Some of the best basketball action to watch.
Teams that ordinarily do not play each other get to see how they do against other divisions.

Good start to play for the Ducks today.

Could they play another Pac12 team in the next round? We'll find out today.

Cheers~

Posts: 905 | Location: Valley Oregon | Registered: May 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Haven't watch any sports in almost two years but got the urge to see what Buddy Boeheim was all about after looking in on the online newspaper from the area where I grew up. I haven't been disappointed. 'Cuse continues to surprise. Big Grin

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16223 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
Zags all the way.

Yep, I think this is their tournament for the taking. Spokane is electric with the excitement of GU having a very good chance of a national championship.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo54:
quote:
Zags all the way.

Yep, I think this is their tournament for the taking. Spokane is electric with the excitement of GU having a very good chance of a national championship.

I'm thinking Few has all the kinks worked out, and we don't have Karnowski around to choke this time, so.... Here's hoping.

My concern, and not just for Gonzaga, is this Covid crap. If one of these good teams has a key player test positive, they're done.

Posts: 20108 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fool for the City
Picture of MRMATT
posted Hide Post
Don't forget the women's tournament.

BWAHAHAHAHA.

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." George Washington.

Posts: 5292 | Location: Pottstown, PA | Registered: April 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Kansas taking an ass whooping, whoo hoo, Bama going off and dropping dimes, lots of upsets, it's a weird world in basketball this year.

Posts: 23457 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Zags making it look easy.

Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Zags making it look easy.

It won't be easy for them from here on out. I'm sure they are up for the challenge.

Oregon State is becoming a surprise team. It'll be interesting to see how well they do against Houston tomorrow.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
I think Michigan is going to make them earn it.

Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
Michigan is a huge threat to the Zags run for sure. I'm definitely going to watch the Florida St. game.

Jim

Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
The Zags are off to a great start against USC. I hope they keep it going. 49 to 30 at the half. Drew Timme is on fire and USC can't stop him.

Jim

Green grass and
high tides
posted Hide Post
Going to be Gonz and Baylor. Baylor to pull the upset is what I am going with. Been a great tourney.

Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:
Going to be Gonz and Baylor. Baylor to pull the upset is what I am going with. Been a great tourney.

I'm hoping that happens. When the Zags beat Baylor by double digits it will validate their being #1 all season. Smile

Jim

Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
I think it'll be Baylor as well. They've been knocking on the door for a long time. It'll be a tough game as they are a scrappy team, but as I said above...Zags all the way.

Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Holy smokes! Down goes the Blue.

Didn't see that coming.

Green grass and
high tides
posted Hide Post
The Pac-12 had a heck of a tournament. They do not get the press of the ACC, SEC, Big 12 etc. But they kicked some serious butt in this tourney. Smile

Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
Interesting to see someone who had to play in the "First Four" beforehand (i.e. UCLA) get to the "Final Four" as well.

Has that ever happened before?

Posts: 15031 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post