SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Train crossing gate proximity to home... Is this OK?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Train crossing gate proximity to home... Is this OK? Login/Join 
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigM4:
Either way NS likely has a bridge or structures team within their engineering department with responsibility for this. Easiest route to contact them might be to find a nearby crossing.

Thanks! Next time up there, I'll will visit a crossing first and get in touch. Will sleep better knowing for sure they're aware.

Posts: 15143 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jmarv
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2tonicP220:
and as I found out, the road is a pretty busy, short-cut road.

I recognized the name of the road, so I looked on a map to see. I didn't realize what a nice short-cut that is around town Smile. What was Guns-n-Fun like? Although I'm only about 15 minutes away, I've never been there.

Joe
_______
P6, P226 .40, P232, SP2009 (Schwyz), P220 9mm (Geneva), P226 9mm (St. Gallen), P320SC

Posts: 465 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: October 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
My sister's front steps are 155' from the CN line in Miss.
You can tell when those trains are passing. Freight and Amtrak. Eek

Posts: 13047 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ugly Bag of
Mostly Water
Picture of ridgerat
posted Hide Post
Where is this? What railroad owns the line? Call them, and ask how many trains go by each way each day, and approximate times. I believe there used to be alaw, that the tracks had to be used at least once a day to keep the line open.

Also, the trains may not blow their horns at the crossings. There are a lot of areas now where the horns are banned. Usually there is a sign along the tracks to remind engineers to blow or not blow.

Endowment Life Member, NRA • Member of FPC, GOA, 2AF & Arizona Citizens Defense League

Posts: 2872 | Location: Tucson Sector | Registered: March 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post