SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Help identifying a widget/tool
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Help identifying a widget/tool Login/Join 
Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted
A friend inherited a bunch of items when his father passed including a rather large gun collection. We believe this is something firearms related but I’m stumped. I have thoughts but I turn to the people on this forum that never cease to amaze me. It is heavy metal 5 inches long and 2 inches wide. Thanks for the help.

[IMG:left] IMG_4676 by David King, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG:left] IMG_7153 by David King, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG:left] IMG_6425 by David King, on Flickr[/IMG]

Posts: 2960 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
O.F.M = O.F. Mossberg??

Posts: 5323 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Wild guess, it looks like something to hold a receiver in a vise without clamping the vise directly on the receiver.

Posts: 10950 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:
Wild guess, it looks like something to hold a receiver in a vise without clamping the vise directly on the receiver.

That’s my guess as well. The collection had a very extensive military surplus collection along with a bunch of hunting rifles.

Posts: 2960 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sleepla8er
posted Hide Post

Can you post the dimensions of the part?

I'm trying to figure out of this part is for a pistol, long-gun, or field artillery???
Wink

Posts: 2856 | Location: San Diego, CA  | Registered: July 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is there any wear on the part and where is it?

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13401 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
Probably not connected but a OFM Corp is who sells the current High Standard target pistols

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6314 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sleepla8er:

Can you post the dimensions of the part?

I'm trying to figure out of this part is for a pistol, long-gun, or field artillery???
Wink

All I have is that it 5 inches x 2 inches. I do not have possession of the item and only have the pictures I was sent.

Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by braillediver:
Is there any wear on the part and where is it?

The only visible wear is a small line about 1/2 inch above the sliver plates that goes across the entire flat surface.

posted Hide Post
There is a giant gun store in central Iowa ,
I bet if you sent them a pic they would identify it for you.

www.Brownells.com

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54647 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post