SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Forty Years. Sooner Or Later, I Will Learn.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Forty Years. Sooner Or Later, I Will Learn. Login/Join 
Too soon old,
too late smart
posted Hide Post
Do you ever wonder what they say about us? Naw, let’s not go there. Smile

Posts: 4757 | Location: Southern Texas | Registered: May 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fool for the City
Picture of MRMATT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
Originally posted by ShneaSIG:
I hate it how my wife always waits until I'm in another room to ask me to mmmmmfffrhfghh rfffgrubbbfgght muurrrrrffffllle.

Oh god, yes. This. My wife is the queen of this.

And every time I have to ask her to repeat herself, she scoffs and claims I must be hard of hearing, even though she knows she's the one trying to talk to me from two rooms over, with the TV on, while facing away from me, and the dog is barking, and I'm focusing on something else at the moment.

Just because I don't have superhuman hearing doesn't make me deaf, woman!

I've repeatedly asked her to come to the same room and face me before trying to talk to me. But 10 years, and it hasn't changed.

It's my single biggest pet peeve with my wife.

Everyday! Everyday! Sigh!

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." George Washington.

Posts: 5292 | Location: Pottstown, PA | Registered: April 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Fine
Picture of SBrooks
posted Hide Post
I'm in for 30 years, and see two common threads.

Talking to me from the next room with the TV/Sink/Dishwasher/Washing Machine/etc running and expecting me to understand anything she said.

and the "you never talk" thing. I too say "what would you like to talk about?" and get in trouble for it.

My additional issue is waiting for her after every event is over. After church, after visiting someones house, after going anywhere - she stands and talks for another 10 - 30 minutes while I wait on her (usually in the car).

We don't have the issue with straight answers to questions. Perhaps because we are both scientists by bent and education...

------------------
SBrooks

Posts: 3791 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Trophy Husband
Picture of C L Wilkins
posted Hide Post
Never fails, one of the most difficult things for any couple is deciding what to have for dinner. A couple of weeks ago the missus asks me, "What should we have for dinner?" I replied, "I don't know, let's vote." Cool

Posts: 3200 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MRMATT:
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
Originally posted by ShneaSIG:
I hate it how my wife always waits until I'm in another room to ask me to mmmmmfffrhfghh rfffgrubbbfgght muurrrrrffffllle.

Oh god, yes. This. My wife is the queen of this.

And every time I have to ask her to repeat herself, she scoffs and claims I must be hard of hearing, even though she knows she's the one trying to talk to me from two rooms over, with the TV on, while facing away from me, and the dog is barking, and I'm focusing on something else at the moment.

Just because I don't have superhuman hearing doesn't make me deaf, woman!

I've repeatedly asked her to come to the same room and face me before trying to talk to me. But 10 years, and it hasn't changed.

It's my single biggest pet peeve with my wife.

Everyday! Everyday! Sigh!

The solution is easy.

Act like you didn't hear her at all. Wink

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P-220:
I feel your pain.

Every now and then I just say to my wife, "can you answer the question I asked?". Then she spends a day not talking to me.

Yes, you think I would learn too.

Same issue here. Sometimes you have to just not speak...period.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10908 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Spouses. Spice? Speece?

You can't live with them, and you can't live with them.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30644 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post