SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Multiple Threads About USPS
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Multiple Threads About USPS Login/Join 
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted
Can we stop complaining about the USPS?

Three threads on this subforum reference displeasure with the inanity and challenges of the USPS.

https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...0601935/m/6480082605

https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...0601935/m/3750054605

https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...0601935/m/2360086605

We all know.

Let’s agree to stop beating a dead horse.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5075 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
Just have another beer, Cliff.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19719 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Nah, beating dead horses is more fun than watching grass grow.

Q

Posts: 26504 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Can we stop complaining about the USPS?

And you commented in two of them.

Posts: 1076 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Mmmmmm.... no.

(Must be having a bad day, multiple posts complaining about people complaining in the sub forum for complaining.)

Posts: 21123 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We're not done making dog food, leather, and glue from that dead horse.

Razz

Posts: 492 | Location: Middle Alabama | Registered: February 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Glynn863:

We're not done making dog food, leather, and glue from that dead horse.
And stew. Don't forget the stew!

Health Inspector: "Is the meat in that 'rabbit stew' 100% rabbit?"

Restaurant Owner: "Not 100% -- there's a little horse meat in it."

Health Inspector: "How much horse meat?"

Restaurant Owner: "50% -- one rabbit, one horse."

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30738 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post

Posts: 28013 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
I'm posting in this thread out of respect for the Forum. Not because I think the USPS doesn't deserve yet another thread about their incompetence. In mid Jan, I purchased a 386 CPU from a seller in the Czech Republic. Here's its journey.

It took six days to get from Prague to NYC. OK, not too bad. But then, somehow, it has to spend two days in NYC before getting on its way. Also, it's on its way to San Francisco for some reason. I guess there's no direct mail link between NYC and SLC? After spending a day in San Fran, let's send it across the Bay to Oakland. Maybe that's where they will put it on a truck to ship to SLC?

After spending the day in Oakland, let's ship it back to San Francisco, just in case my package wants some free love, sidewalk to shit on, or some hard drugs. But wait, let's send it back to Oakland, just because. Then it's finally off to the LA area, because that's where Utah is. After bouncing around the LA area for another two days, it is finally off to SLC. Yea! Giving the USPS the benefit of the doubt, maybe Donner Pass was snowed in, and they were shipping around the mountain. OK, stay positive!

After getting optimistic that I'm one day away from getting my stuff, the USPS decided that my package needed to visit Denver before it came to me. So off to Denver it goes! Fortunately, the staff at Denver seem a bit more competent than the NY and CA crew, so they got it on its way back to SLC in a few hours (must be an old competent dude, non-DEI hire, just marking time until he can retire and get himself to WY). So now we're back in SLC, having spent only two days to go to Denver and get home. See, that's my normal trucking route, and those of us on I-80 are hauling ass at a legal 80mph, so, god bless Wyoming and a two day turn for the USPS. We are certainly building up some momentum, for it took only a day for it to sort through SLC and Provo, and it is now at my hometown PO. Perhaps they decided it's time to finally deliver my package before the address wears off. Unless the locals decide to extend the tour, I should get my package tomorrow.

Seven days to get across the EU and an entire ocean, but the USPS needs 17 days to get it across CONUS. Good work! At least it isn't lost yet, but there's still time yet. At least now a trace will be easier if it does disappear.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sigcrazy7,

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8222 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Holy gigantic screenshot images, Batman!

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
The ISC is where good packages go to die...

If you think the USPS is bad, the goofy bastards at UPS has my shipment tracking ending with UNABLE TO DELIVER in all big red caps.

At least their incompetence has limits.

Posts: 9171 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:

Well, at least he's "posting in this thread out of respect for the Forum." Lol.

Q

Posts: 26504 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:

Well, at least he's "posting in this thread out of respect for the Forum." Lol.

Hey, you've gotta give a guy a chance to edit the pics. Besides, my choices were edit the pics, or go down to that freshly-baked chicken pot pie. Not to worry, I'm back. Would you like 320x200 for that iPhone 3g you're using?

Let's see if Imgur's editor will actually work today. Stay tuned.

ETA: Nope, the online editor didn't work. Had to do it offline. I'm getting too lazy to post pics. I went with a nice, modest, 640x853.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8222 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
I did get an email survey from USPS asking how I liked the service on case no. XXXXXXX. Since I got no response from them except a request for a survey on satisfaction, I had the great satisfaction of giving them a zero on everything. Not that matters at all, but it's the only satisfaction I got out of the experience.

Posts: 18090 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
Hmmm...maybe I should start a thread bitching about FedEx or UPS instead

This section would be pretty sparse if complaints were once and done.

quote:
Originally posted by sigcrazy7:
ETA: Nope, the online editor didn't work. Had to do it offline. I'm getting too lazy to post pics. I went with a nice, modest, 640x853.

See my post here. Imgur's editor SUCKS. I almost exclusively use this shortcut now.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17305 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post