SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Uh, Resort Telemarketer Lady...you need a new spiel.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Uh, Resort Telemarketer Lady...you need a new spiel. Login/Join 
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
Wait...what? Phones come with DIALS?

What're ya trying to do, put Mabel out of business?

Big Grin

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15233 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
Why are you even answering strange numbers?

Seriously, if it's a number NOT in my iPhone contacts, it gets ignored and if it was important they will leave a message.

There is no reason for people to be answering the phone anymore at every ring.

No caller ID on the landline. And cell coverage is just spotty enough that I won't give up the land line.

Not to mention the very concept of trying to teach SWMBO how to use a smart phone. It is to shudder...
Yeah, the $1.95 / month you "save" not having caller ID is SOOOO worth your time... Wink

I'm starting to understand how all those con-jobs get seniors to send them thousands of dollars via Western Union.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
Why are you even answering strange numbers?

Seriously, if it's a number NOT in my iPhone contacts, it gets ignored and if it was important they will leave a message.

There is no reason for people to be answering the phone anymore at every ring.

No caller ID on the landline. And cell coverage is just spotty enough that I won't give up the land line.

Not to mention the very concept of trying to teach SWMBO how to use a smart phone. It is to shudder...
Yeah, the $1.95 / month you "save" not having caller ID is SOOOO worth your time... Wink

I'm starting to understand how all those con-jobs get seniors to send them thousands of dollars via Western Union.
Scammers be spoofing caller ID.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30674 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dsiets:
quote:
Originally posted by SigJacket:
quote:
Originally posted by tsmccull:
You do know that's a recording which transfers to a real person after the system figures out a human answered, right? I've found the easy way to counter those (if you insist on picking up the phone in the first place) is to say nothing after answering and the telemarketing system usually assumes no one's there and disconnects.

It also captures your voice answering "yes" to the question.

I just hang up.

Could you explain this for me please. I've heard this before and I'm not sure what they are going to do w/ a recording of me saying "yes".
They don't know who I am. So how are they going to prove it was me? And for what purpose?

So when they charge you for service X, and you challenge them saying you never ordered service X, they present the audio of them asking if you would like service X and you replying "yes" in your own voice.

--
I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.

JALLEN 10/18/18
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...610094844#7610094844

Posts: 2363 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: March 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
oh I had her from Diamond Resorts....

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53186 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ChuckWall
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by tsmccull:
You do know that's a recording which transfers to a real person after the system figures out a human answered, right?

Actually, I didn't know that, but it makes perfect sense. Thanks!

Most people will say hello followed by another hello if there is no response. The computer detects this and rings through. Saves human capital from the gleaning process. Say hello once and it will hang up.

MAGA

Posts: 5689 | Registered: February 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post