SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Co-incident or intentional?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Co-incident or intentional? Login/Join 
posted
Friend has car in shop, waiting on parts, i loaned her my old car 2 weeks ago, she called me today and told that the driver side front wheel was about off, she found 4 lug nuts within 10 feet of the car. She had just pulled out of her parking space. (She is an attorney) I think someone removed the lug nuts intentionally.

Posts: 546 | Location: Dothan, Alabama | Registered: August 27, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Nope. Lug nuts often unthread themselves and jump away from the vehicle!

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
Intentional.

Posts: 13046 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
I don't believe in coincidence...

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5473 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
One lug nut would be odd. Four lug nuts is intentional.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
If she drove on it at all remove the wheel and inspect the studs.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5680 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
One lug nut would be odd. Four lug nuts is intentional.

^^^^THIS

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11246 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PaPaP226:
or she interrupted someone steeling the tire.

The car would of been on blocks if it was a tire theft?

Any security cameras in the area?

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13386 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
OP - does your significant other know you lent out your car to another woman? Wink

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by elmer:
Friend has car in shop, waiting on parts, i loaned her my old car 2 weeks ago, she called me today and told that the driver side front wheel was about off, she found 4 lug nuts within 10 feet of the car. She had just pulled out of her parking space. (She is an attorney) I think someone removed the lug nuts intentionally.

They should have cut off the break line, or whatever. I saw it on TV.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR
posted Hide Post
This has my mind racing. Has to be intentional but was it aimed at her or at you? Was the car parked anywhere close to where you normally travel? If not, she may have an angry client or a party on the other side of a pending case is pretty angry.

Time for security cameras that monitor her door and parking area.

Does she have locking lug nuts on her car? If not, might be worth considering.

Speak softly and carry a big stick loaded Sig

Posts: 4887 | Location: Raleigh, North Carolina | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
Intentional.

Years ago a buddy of mine's wife had a girlfriend come visit... a 50 mile drive, each way. All she could do the whole time was trash her husband and explain how she was divorcing him and was going take him for everything, screw him over good, blah, blah, blah on and on.

He got tired of the crap spewing and decided to go run some errands. As he went out he went by her car and noticed that all of the lug nuts on her right front wheel were gone except one. Coincidence? Telling me about it later he says, guess we will see who screws over who ...

This buddy of mine is a rough old don't give a shit country boy... I didn't pin him down but I don't believe he even told her.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4117 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR
posted Hide Post
Curious => Did the tire come off? Was your car damaged? If the time came off - was she injured?

Speak softly and carry a big stick loaded Sig

Posts: 4887 | Location: Raleigh, North Carolina | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Response to some serious and non serious questions,
1. i am single
2. incident happen in her parking lot
She pull out and felt tire wobble
3. She works for public defenders
4. I have been retired for 10 years
5. Car was my daily driver until last December.
6. No injuries
7. No apparent damage to my car
8. Her car was in an accident and Honda apparently cannot get parts
Over 2 months wait so far.
9. Her office not in best part of town

Posts: 546 | Location: Dothan, Alabama | Registered: August 27, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Seriously, I think "they" just wanted to steal parts. And for some reasons, maybe something scared them off right in the middle of their job, hence, the result. No one wanted to take her out.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Someone must not like she handled their case.

Posts: 17054 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Agree with Smudge. And whats her romance situation? Asshole BF or Ex Hubby?

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16004 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Sabotage the car to kidnap her possibly?

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34081 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
I'm gonna go with #3.

Is she associated with defending a Rapper?

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Theft.

Sabotaging her normal car, maybe spite.

Posts: 21052 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post