SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Thief at work
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Thief at work Login/Join 
posted
Somebody at work is fucking with me and I’d like to nail the fucker. I’m gonna take a chance that the person I suspect isn’t a member here and reads this. I set down my prescription glasses last week most likely to read some papers. Two minutes later they are missing. I have a habit of misplacing things but it seemed strange they weren’t found.
Friday morning my frames with no lenses are sitting near my chair in the lunch room. Nobody at work admitted to finding them. Today, one lens shows up in the same spot.
Taking video at work is not allowed I’m pretty sure but I really don’t care at this point. Can anyone recommend a small camera that could be set up in a lunchbox? Or any small camera that could be hidden. Also what kind of price range am I looking at to get this little shit in trouble or fired?

Posts: 951 | Registered: July 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
Can't speak to the advisability or legality of the idea, but I seem to recall another thread that talked about some tiny surveillance cameras in this sort of context.

Amazon has some that are actually working USB chargers. $41 example

Given you are getting your glasses back, this seems to be more about teasing/pranking/annoying than actual theft, so I'd counsel against overreaction.

Is it worth the risk of potentially getting a policy violation in your work record, or worse, getting fired, or worse yet, violating some obscure privacy law or other?

Posts: 15031 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You work in a kindergarten? Pretty lame prank.

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Definitely a frustrating prank.

אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Was the second lens returned?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30673 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Damned glasses thieves, whatta they steal next? Mad

Posts: 22909 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The second lens mysteriously was found on the floor while one man was sweeping today. So I now have everything back. Some people are just dicks.

Caught in a loop
posted Hide Post
I bought something like this when I was trying to track down a medication thief. You could easily make it work in a lunchbox or something.

As someone who is virtually blind without glasses or contacts, I don't take kindly to people fucking with the eyeglasses.

"In order to understand recursion, you must first learn the principle of recursion."

Posts: 3354 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: August 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
Glad you got all you parts back.

Years ago when I worked at my friends gun shop, every time I went to do paperwork I spent 5 minutes looking for my reading glasses.
I only needed them for reading so I was always putting them down someplace then when I needed them it would take me forever to find them.

At one point I had several pairs placed around the shop so I would always have a pair.

Then my wife introduced me to the string. It would connect to each end of the ear piece and around my neck. Never lost a pair again, however I did break a few.

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2571 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Coat the frames of a pair of glasses with that purple stuff they use in 3rd world elections. You know, the purple thumb to show you've voted.

Posts: 662 | Location: Crestview Florida | Registered: July 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry you have to be working around such shithead(s). The atmosphere around your workplace must be pretty gloomy and tense. What is this, someone who has an ax to grind with you? Kidnapping, the returning the property to its owner body parts one at a time? WTF is this shit? Roll Eyes

Q

Posts: 26390 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1559 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://www.amazon.com/Readere...9zZWFyY2hfYXRm&psc=1

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54644 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If I’m right it’s a guy that I worked at at a different facility. Total narcissistic douchbag. After I left, it took him a few years to follow me over to my yard. It’s a bit of a coveted yard. He actually seemed like he calmed down quite a bit. He is still a loud mouth and opinionated but he seemed less of an ass when he came over. So that was all I could have asked for. I’m not looking for a fishing buddy just someone I can get through the day with without heated arguments and bullshit. So far so good with that. But he opened his mouth the other day and two days later he started to do the same task he was complaining about. So I must have embarrassed him when I called him out on his own policy. I don’t think he liked that too much. I’m pretty sure this was his screw you get back at me move.
A few weeks ago I’m pretty sure my bench made was set down somewhere never to be seen again. I had my suspicions but no proof so I let it go. But this piece mailing crap is just toying with me.
I do like the spy pen idea.

Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
This is ridiculous. What a child. I don’t know how crucial your specs are,but if it affects your job, I’d mention it to HR. You’re probably going to have to say something, or he’ll keep it up. In my experience with people like this, he’s counting on you doing nothing so he can keep messing with you.
And maybe put your specs on a necklace chain or switch to contacts at work.
God do I hate people like that.

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5319 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SPWAMike0317
posted Hide Post
Filming or recording at work may land you in hot water. Check your HR policies along with state and local laws. I have worked for companies that prohibited any form of recording with personal devices.

Let me help you out. Which way did you come in?

Posts: 717 | Location: North of Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: January 29, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Strange new trend at the office. Food with names are appearing in the fridge. Today I ate a tuna sandwich named Kevin.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8955 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
Strange new trend at the office. Food with names are appearing in the fridge. Today I ate a tuna sandwich named Kevin.

Ummm…what?

Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 400m:
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:

Ummm…what?

My post was a joke related to your thread title, “Thief at work”. I didn’t think think I’d need to state that. Apparently I was wrong.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8955 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Now I get it.