SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    USPS and a lost package (the beginning)IT'S HERE!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

USPS and a lost package (the beginning)IT'S HERE! Login/Join 
Page late and a dollar short
posted
Hoping for a good outcome but really doubting it.

A couple of friends sent me two mementos of my days on the fire department with them. Monetary value is minimal, intrinsic value to me is priceless.

He sent it Priority Mail last Tuesday, ETA was Friday. Once it left Albuquerque it vanished.

I filed a case this morning with the call center. That alone was not very comforting, between the poor call center phone connection and the language barrier, well I think the case has been opened. Hoping for a positive result but not holding out much hope.

Add this to a four hour adventure to the Urgent Care center for Bronchitis late last night my week is starting out just great.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: shovelhead,

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8065 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In most cases things are eventually found, kind of like your luggage at the airport. Keep us posted.

Posts: 17170 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm hoping so, the two pieces are pretty unusual.

One is a piece of the fire pole from the circa 1920's station I volunteered from. Used to love and use that pole. My oldest daughter remembers watching me jump and spin down from the second floor on it. It was taken out in the early 90's and scrapped. My friend grabbed a piece of it. That and a hose nozzle from my favorite truck that was stripped and auctioned off.

————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8065 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Update #1: Local P.O. called and was going to contact Albuquerque as the first step. She said 1-2 days for a response.

Kind of funny though. I asked her if she wanted to know the contents of the package. Her response was it was not necessary unless it was illegal or prohibited. She did take the information and approximate size and weight of the pole and the nozzle. Said that it may help to track the items.

posted Hide Post
That is at least encouraging.

Posts: 17170 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
End of day one,no news. Not too hopeful for a positive outcome. One thing may be in my favor is the sender's daughter works at the local P.O. and he called her today.

More later?

posted Hide Post
Still early. Local contacts are of great importance.

posted Hide Post
One week late and no word. So Wednesday time to visit the local P.O. again.

Bad week here, hoped that I would have been pleasantly surprised when I got home from work today. But as I was told many years "Wish in one hand and s*** in the other, see what one fills up first".........

posted Hide Post
So at midnight I checked the USPS tracking site. No changes to the last notification on May 19th.

At about 7 this morning my phone is going off with text messages that the package is at my local P.O. and would be delivered today. I went to the online tracking and verified that the box was out for delivery. About noon I was called by the P.O. and was told it was out for delivery.

I got home at five, had to help my S-I-L get some doors for his and his B-I-L's Jeeps, they went off roading and as they say,"If nothing gets broke you've had a bad time" and the box was there. Both the brass fire pole piece and the hose nozzle were in there!

SO, a happy ending to that!

posted Hide Post
Glad to hear. USPS does not usually lose stuff permanently. Lucky they did not charge extra for storage!

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
Glad to hear. USPS does not usually lose stuff permanently. Lucky they did not charge extra for storage!

Probably made a left at Albuquerque..........should have went right instead.........