SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Vendors Who Only Sell To Midgets
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Vendors Who Only Sell To Midgets Login/Join 
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted
I get emails from vendors who have T-Shirts that I would like.

Magpul, Trump, and others.

I have looked in vain for TALL sizes. No joy. Mad

I'm not going to pay for a shirt that looks like I found it in the bargain bin at GoodWill.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30531 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
What the heck are you talking about? All I see ae vendors selling L or XL for men. Midgets like me (5'1") are left out in the cold. Mad

Q

Posts: 26186 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
I never thought about the other end of the spectrum.

I guess if you're not "average," you're out of luck.

Gotta stay within half a standard deviation from the mean, or something like that. Frown

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30531 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
XL works for me until the first time I wash it. Tall shirts are a pain to find.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20742 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
My buddy is the size of a NFL lineman. He always asks for "adult" sizes Big Grin

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23086 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:

XL works for me . . . Tall shirts are a pain to find.
That's what vendors suggest when I query them, but larger sizes are too wide in the body and too short in the arms and tail length for me.

They make me look like I'm wearing a hand-me-down from somebody who is shorter and wider than I am.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
Nothing but LT and XLT shirts in my closet. Never specialty shirts from vendors in my size, either. And yeah, when you can find shirts in LT or XLT, they charge extra for them even though they have less material than a lot of other shirts.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3955 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
What the heck are you talking about? All I see ae vendors selling L or XL for men. Midgets like me (5'1") are left out in the cold. Mad

There’s always boy’s clothes. Smile

———————————————

Posts: 3955 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
I cannot say as I've ever seen a t-shirt explicitly sized in "tall." Not saying they don't exist, just that I, personally, have never seen one that I recall.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 25991 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Whassa matter, muffin top?

Duluth Trading Co has tall shirts for both men and women.

Posts: 17114 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:

I cannot say as I've ever seen a t-shirt explicitly sized in "tall." Not saying they don't exist, just that I, personally, have never seen one that I recall.
Probably because you have not looked for them.

Ask your favorite search engine, or search on Amazon or eBay, you will find them be the hundreds.

I can find them easily enough, but what I'm kvetching about in this thread, is vendors like Magpul (I'm singling them out because they just sent an email today) keep offering T-shirts that I would like, but they do not offer TALL sizes.

Re PowerSurge's post, two above yours, he says that he has LT and XLT. Yeah, I have those, but I wanted this one in today's Magpul promotional email.

Large Tall (LT) or XLT? Nope, not available.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Fredward, you're missing the point. Sure, Duluth and many other vendors have tall. I'm whining about the ones that I see in the promotional emails that I receive, that I want.

Maybe "Keep America Great." Or the Magpul one that is being sold in the email that I received today.

Hanes, Frit of the Loom, and other manufacturers certainly make tall sizes, so there's no reason that the vendors who sell shirts made by these manufacturers and then have neat-o images printed on them, no reason that they could not offer the same product in tall. Well, one reason, they just don't take time to think about the market. There is surely a significant percentage of the customer base that would buy tall sizes if they were available.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
I cannot say as I've ever seen a t-shirt explicitly sized in "tall."

Probably because you have not looked for them.

Other than looking at the sizes in which the t-shirts I want are available: No, I have not.

quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
Ask your favorite search engine, or search on Amazon or eBay, you will find them be the hundreds.

And I betcha every last one of them will be cotton or a cotton blend.

I understand your complaint well enough, except, with me, it's that everything in which I might otherwise be interested is in cotton or cotton blend, which I do not wear anymore.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 25991 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
What the heck are you talking about? All I see ae vendors selling L or XL for men. Midgets like me (5'1") are left out in the cold.

^^^^^^^^^^
Have you tried shopping in the Boys Department?? Better prices too. Have a look:
https://www.walmart.com/browse...5438_7712430_7809949

Posts: 17164 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
It's business, not personal.

They have likely done market analysis and realized it's not worth stocking a wide array of shirts for Giraffes.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
I like the T-shirt, though.

Posts: 18004 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

They have likely done market analysis and realized it's not worth stocking a wide array of shirts for Giraffes.

^^^^^^^^^^
Hahhaa

Posts: 17164 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:

I believe that you're giving them too much credit.

I'm guessing that it's more likely that they have never even thought about it.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
In a similar vein, many/most of the gun-friendly, patriotic tshirt companies have adopted ultra-skinny, body-hugging cuts, for some reason.

That's good if you want to impress the ladies by showing off your bulging biceps and washboard abs under your stretched Smedium shirt that clings to you like saran wrap. But terrible for carrying a concealed handgun, which I suspect a significant portion of their clientele does.

For example, I love Grunt Style's shirts. Great designs and ultra comfortable fabric. But I have to order 3XL Eek to get them to fit right like a "normal" tshirt.

(For comparison, I normally wear an XL or sometimes 2XL in "normal" shirts, depending on whether that company's shirts run a little loose or a little tight. So I'm basically having to go up 1.5 sizes.)

Posts: 32411 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:

Awww. Is RHINO “below average height”, to put it nicely? Smile

———————————————