SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    "I don't really need anything, but..."
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"I don't really need anything, but..." Login/Join 
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted
"we should stop by WalMart seeing as we're right here."

An hour and $200 later...

Sigh.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15181 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Pretend like you've got sudden onset hearing loss and drive off the lot.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
Pretend like you've got sudden onset hearing loss and drive off the lot.

Wouldn't be anything sudden about the hearing loss. Been avoiding doing something about that for years.

Posts: 15181 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No good deed
goes unpunished
Picture of cheesegrits
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:

Sigh.

Oh, Lord. You're married to my husband! Bless our hearts.

Posts: 2680 | Location: The Carolinas | Registered: June 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cheesegrits:
quote:

Sigh.

Big Grin

A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Mebbe y'all could do a spouse swap the next time yer at the Walmarts, and perhaps get a trunk puppy as well.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We don't really need anything, but as long as we close to the gone store let's stop anyway, honey.

Works like a charm.

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Just stop by Walmart?

No such thing with me. Rarely go and only for targeted 'get this' things.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cheesegrits:
quote:

Sigh.

I was going to say, it sounds like me.
Thank God, my wife is ok with it.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jbcummings
posted Hide Post
Sorry, babe, I gotta get home and poop! [accelerates hard]

———-
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Posts: 4306 | Location: DFW | Registered: May 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
Just stop by Walmart?

No such thing with me. Rarely go and only for targeted 'get this' things.

That's my approach to shopping period. 99% of the time, I know exactly what I want and exactly where to get it.

If I shop alone, I can drive 25 miles to town, get everything I need and drive home in under 2 hours.

If I'm on a mission for one item and riding the modersickel, I can do it in under an hour.

Always leaves the wife a bit befuddled when I do that.

(I was gonna say speechless, but nobody'd believe that... Razz )

posted Hide Post
If I get on the bike, it's pretty much two hours. For some reason it will not go from point a to point b without taking a half-tank worth of detours. Big Grin

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fredward:
If I get on the bike, it's pretty much two hours. For some reason it will not go from point a to point b without taking a half-tank worth of detours. Big Grin

Yeah, I have that problem too. Sunday, I left the house at 10:30 to go to a birthday party 25 miles away at 2:00.

I was late...

Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
I think this dude's wife wanted to go to Walmart and he told her he didn't.... Wink

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6845 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If I can get it at WalMart, I will get it at Amazon instead and avoid the WalMart crowd.

Posts: 879 | Registered: December 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
Going to Walmart isn't too bad, but what gets me more is when the wife asks if I want to go to Walmart only to find out she also wants to visit several other stores while out. Tell me ahead of time and I will tell you no.

Living the Dream

Posts: 4011 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Wait.

You found $200 worth of .22RF on the shelf at Walmart, no three box limit, and now you're whining??? Razz

Posts: 15844 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post