SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Some people should not be allowed to own wire strippers or crimpers.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Some people should not be allowed to own wire strippers or crimpers. Login/Join 
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
We finally got around to investigating why the radio quit working. We pulled the outer shell off the fairing to look at the wiring.

I just THOUGHT the previous wiring was a mess. Hah! That was the Cliff Notes version. Sweet Baby Jeebus it was a mess under there.

Apparently, the guy didn't own a piece of wire over 6 inches long, but had a 5 gallon bucket full of butt splices.

Made some notes on what went where from the 12 pin connector on the back of the radio, chopped out about 10 feet of various (mis-matched) wire and splices and re-wired it from scratch.

Now that the radio is working, all he has to do is figure out how to get the bluetooth to pair to his phone and he's a happy guy.

Fortunately for him, I'm one of those preverts that ENJOYS wiring. Plus I have pretty much all the tools and connectors to do it properly.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15210 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post

Posts: 27928 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post