SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Password Rules SUCK
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Password Rules SUCK Login/Join 
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
I’ve used the mSecure PW manager for years. I’m currently on mSecure 5. I like it because it has a nice set of features, a good UI, and a good choice of sync methods. And it was a one-time purchase, rather than a periodic subscription.

mSecure 6 has just been announced, but not yet introduced, and its cost model will be a periodic subscription. The initial subscription rate will probably be modest, but they can, and almost certainly will, continuously increase it.

So I’ll probably stick with mSecure 5. Based on my previous experience with mSeven Software, they’ll continue to support mSecure 5 for quite some time.

I suspect that most mobile phone apps are heading for the subscription model as fast as they can trot.

From the mSeven Software web site:
“It’s become apparent we cannot stay in business without requiring a small, recurring payment, as attracting new users has become too expensive to handle with a one-time fee…”
Oh! Poor babies…

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8851 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post