SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Restaurants don’t have sweet n low
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Restaurants don’t have sweet n low Login/Join 
posted
I don’t know what happened lately but there is a lack of those little pink fake sugar packets of goodness. I don’t think it’s a covid issue as they are available.

Some places such as Chick-fil-A don’t carry them anymore. Other restaurants switch to the generic pink packets.

It has got to the point where I have to base my drink off if they have sweet n low. I also had my wife stash a few in her purse.

Posts: 5416 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not as lean, not as mean,
Still a Marine
Picture of Gibb
posted Hide Post
I understand your frustration, but your wife has the correct answer.

We are partial to the yellow stuff to sweeten our coffee. We each carry a few packs for when we go to a place that's out (or I just drink black coffee, and unsweet Iced teas).

It's nice when a place accommodates different tastes with all the options, but I have grown to not expect it.

I shall respect you until you open your mouth, from that point on, you must earn it yourself.

Posts: 3352 | Location: Southern Maine | Registered: February 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
Fortunately I'm able to take in regular sugar for the one time I actually use sugar which is Iced Tea.

Don't use it in anything else.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
No aspartame or sucralose

Link

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Yep, Stevia, that other stuff will give you butt cancer

Posts: 5317 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:
Yep, Stevia, that other stuff will give you butt cancer

There is very little evidence of that if you limit yourself to anything even close to reasonable use of all artificial sweeteners.

Of course, a reasonable amount of sugar isn't harmful either, and has less calories than you think. And sugar tastes good, which is not true of the artificial sweeteners.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Artificial sweeteners don't give rats butt cancer. People in white lab coats give rats butt cancer.

[/Gilbert Gottfried]

cuz, that's what he would say.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43876 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
Of course, a reasonable amount of sugar isn't harmful either, and has less calories than you think. And sugar tastes good, which is not true of the artificial sweeteners.

I've had arguments with my mother about this. Sugar only has 16 calories per teaspoon. A teaspoon or two isn't going to make any difference in your weight. My parents have been avid Sweet & Low users for years. Tastes nasty.

Posts: 5760 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fool for the City
Picture of MRMATT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pyker:

Link

Isn't regular sugar plant based?

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." George Washington.

Posts: 5292 | Location: Pottstown, PA | Registered: April 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
I'm constantly amazed by the garbage people choose to put into their bodies.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MRMATT:
quote:
Originally posted by Pyker:

Link

Isn't regular sugar plant based?

And cocaine!

I’m diabetic and still use the real stuff. Moderation is key. That, and getting off your ass.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17275 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
I'm constantly amazed by the garbage people choose to put into their bodies.

Are you calling my sweet n low garbage!!! Wink

Try reading any of the ingredients in anything prepackage and come back and tell me what your putting in your body.

I don’t think the three packets of sweet n low I may use week are going to hurt me more than anything else

Posts: 5416 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
^^^Three packets of SUGAR a week won't hurt you either...Everything in moderation! Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8875 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Because people keep stealing them but Steven Seagal will fix that:

Posts: 13104 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stumbling through where
others have fallen
Picture of REdwin89
posted Hide Post
Sweet and Low. Yes, better living through chemicals!

"I don't know a lot but I can zero beat the V's on an R390."

Posts: 2322 | Location: No longer new to Central NY | Registered: March 13, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

Sugar for me, in my coffee and on my cereal. I've never even tried the artificial stuff. And good old Southern heavily sugared sweet tea.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10785 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've tried all of the artificial sweeteners out there and haven't found one that didn't have a funky taste . To each his own . I'm sticking with real sugar .

Posts: 4052 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post