SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    FedEx rant…refund??
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

FedEx rant…refund?? Login/Join 
Picture of erj_pilot
posted
Ok…FedEx f***ed up royally. Sent an important letter yesterday for delivery to Colorado. The gd thing wound up in f***ing Winnipeg, Manitoba. What the actual F***!! Mad It is now back in Memphis at central processing and will be delivered tomorrow by 10:30AM. Sorry…you breached your contract with me, FedEx.

Should I try to get a refund or just protest the charge on my Amex??? What say you, the collective?

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you used your inter airline discount you are probably out of luck. If you paid full price I would think you would get a refund. But with the Rona, not sure if the guarantee is in force these days. Sorry it wasn't delivered on time.

Posts: 1126 | Registered: July 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Make AmEx earn their premium.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43867 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
They no longer use the scamdemic excuse to not honor the money-back guarantee.

Effective Jan. 17, 2022​, the money-back guarantee was reinstated for their O/N services. So, if you used O/N, you can get a full refund.

Q

Posts: 26349 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
How did they breach their contract with you? It's going to be delivered.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:

Will it be delivered within the time frame specified for the class of service that was purchased?

The OP does not state this clearly, but reading between the lines, that appears to be the problem.

I have had similar problems with FedEx. Before I used an EFB ("Electronic Flight Bag"), I subscribed to Jeppesen paper charts for navigation. Almost 100% of my flights were in the south-eastern portion of the country, so that was the subscription that I bought. I had occasion to make a business trip to the Chicago area, so I ordered a "trip kit" for that one flight, and paid for FedEx overnight delivery -- the service that "guaranteed" delivery no later than 10:30 am. Needless to say, FedEx failed to deliver on time and I had to re-schedule the trip. I disputed the delivery charge with AmEx; the delivery charge was refunded in full with no argument.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30647 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
Mr. V-tail answered correctly, but to confirm, I paid for overnight delivery by 10:30AM the next morning (4/21) and as of the latest update, it says the package is still in Memphis on "DELAYED" status. Yup...they breached their contract.

Thanks for all the responses!!! Will contact Amex once the package has been delivered and I can show it wasn't delivered in the time frame for which I paid.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
As a FedEx guy I hate to see this but is has been happening often.

We took on a lot of business during the pandemic - more than we can handle. We are short of pilots, drivers, ramp workers and hub workers. But the pinheads in HQ still keep signing new contracts and bringing more freight into the system. We are trashing our reputation for reliability but no one seems to care. I do my part but the problem is at the sort facilities. The Paris hub had their big automated sorter break down and there are now about 1,200 cans of cargo scattered around the ramp. Memphis is almost done building a huge new automated sort building that will reduce ramp manning needs by about 40%. But with the increase in volume they did not hire more rampers or increase pay to attract more people so the sort is always 2 hours late of more even with nice weather.

I hope you get your money back - $$$ is the only thing the beancounters care about.

This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears above ground he is a protector.
Plato

Posts: 1771 | Location: Texas! | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I shipped a box for work last week. West coast to East coast. Priority overnight. It’s lost in Memphis. The trace seems useless. Today was a week overdue. Monday won’t be fun. Insured for quite a bit.

Posts: 4277 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
... I paid for overnight delivery

I understand now. You left that piece of info out of your original post. Smile

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
I filed a claim through AMEX and they have already submitted a credit on my account for the charge. What I don't get is WHY the gd envelope has been sitting in Memphis on "DELAY" since 21-APR 1:28AM?!?!? WTF, over??? Is it going through some kind of customs procedure because it went to Winnipeg, MB and has now come back into the U.S.??? The envelope contains personal medical information and I really don't want that shit hangin' out in the open unresolved with regard to delivery.

I'm pretty fucking irate right now... Mad Mad Mad

ETA: Just spoke with a rep and he generated a tracer on the package. I asked HOW in the first place did the package get routed to Winnipeg, MB in error. He pretty much said "human error". He said something about the weather in Memphis, but I don't think the weather "should" have delayed the envelope leaving Memphis for 3 straight days. Or am I just too optimistic??

Happiness is
Vectored Thrust
Picture of mojojojo
posted Hide Post
I think they use "weather" as a catch-all excuse when they F something up. We had the same issue with UPS last week. It took an envelope 9 days to go from Charlotte to Tacoma. It sat somewhere between Illinois and Tacoma for 5 days due to "severe weather." Uh huh Roll Eyes

Icarus flew too close to the sun, but at least he flew.

Posts: 6723 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: April 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^

Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Well...good news! My "overnight" letter scheduled for delivery 21-APR finally made it to its final destination today at 9:48. I know this was an isolated event and it's the first time FedEx has let me down, but they picked THE worst document with which to screw up.

AMEX credit has been processed...