SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    uBreakiFix and just general incompetence today
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

uBreakiFix and just general incompetence today Login/Join 
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted
One of the Miss BB61’s phones screens needed to be replaced so we took it into the local uBreakiFix to have it replaced. Without belaboring having to wait for an hour to get someone to help us, it seemed like an easy task. However, when we got home with the phone, my daughter got a call and couldn’t hear anything nor could her friend hear her. Long story short, the store “forgot” to reinstall the upper microphone/speaker in the phone.

I get that it is hard to find people right now but really? Even the most rudimentary of diagnostic checks, after you had replaced the screen, would have shown that something wasn’t working BEFORE you gave it back to us.

My local Toyota dealer is just as bad. You make an appointment for an oil change, and nearly two hours later you are still waiting around. And last time, when I got my truck back, I discover that they had screwed up and put standard oil instead of the Mobil-1 Synthetic they have been putting in for years and which is on my plan. So, of course, I had to wait around another 30 minutes while the fix it and then they told me it took a manger to authorize the second change? Really, go read my contract with you. It says three (3) oil changes of Mobil-1 Synthetic.

No wonder the local Walmart gave my son a two month “academic leave of absence” after only two months working for them. He is co-captain of his high-school baseball team and doesn’t have the time for school, work and baseball. So when he went to quit, they told him they would be happy to give him a 60 day leave of absence to play baseball because he actually thinks, shows up on time, is groomed and showered, and does everything asked for timely. So, Walmart, the biggest retailer in the world, is giving a 16 year old kid a 60 day leave of absence, so he can play baseball and keep his grades up. Unbelievable.

Posts: 12436 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
quote:
No wonder the local Walmart gave my son a two month “academic leave of absence” after only two months working for them. He is co-captain of his high-school baseball team and doesn’t have the time for school, work and baseball. So when he went to quit, they told him they would be happy to give him a 60 day leave of absence to play baseball because he actually thinks, shows up on time, is groomed and showered, and does everything asked for timely. So, Walmart, the biggest retailer in the world, is giving a 16 year old kid a 60 day leave of absence, so he can play baseball and keep his grades up. Unbelievable.

is this a 'rant' or an 'attaboy'? Big Grin Razz

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pyker:
quote:

is this a 'rant' or an 'attaboy'? Big Grin Razz

^^^^

That one is both. An “attaboy” but a rant on the sad state of business today that a 16 year old gets treated like a high-level executive simply because he does his job.

Posts: 12436 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
a rant on the sad state of business today that a 16 year old gets treated like a high-level executive simply because he does his job.

You may be right.
Ether they don't care because they want him back and good low level are hard to find
or
Thy simply don't care because it just IS a low level position.

Posts: 22858 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
As the old saying goes..”90% of a job is just showing up on time”.

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6309 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post