SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Facebook/Craigslist scammers
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Facebook/Craigslist scammers Login/Join 
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
I quit Craigslist a long time ago after dealing with "no shows" one too many times. I do look at FB Marketplace from time to time and actually got a huge score this past Saturday.

A local fella listed a bunch of photo equipment for sale and I responded asking if he had a light meter, and if so, how much? He responded that he did but couldn't remember the model number, but would let me know what it was when he got home, and that the price was $50.00. About an hour later he contacted me again and said it was a Sekonic L-358 which is a pretty high-end ambient/flash meter. I asked for photos and he complied. Since it was late in the evening, he said he would hold it for me until the next morning.

I was at his house at 7AM with cash in hand and walked away with a meter that sells for $290.00 and up on legitimate used photo gear websites! Best $50.00 I have spent in a long time, and all thanks to FB Marketplace!

Posts: 4585 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:
I always use an address of a business close to me. I tell them to message me when they get there. It’s a 1 minute drive for me. Had too many idiots not bother showing up so I don’t leave my house until they are there.

I did just that earlier this week.
Met the guy at an Olive Garden 3 minutes from my house.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15318 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post