SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Stopping unwanted emails from Cabelas
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Stopping unwanted emails from Cabelas Login/Join 
Picture of dwd1985
posted
I dont know how Cabelas does it, but they somehow find a way to get emails into my inbox. I am not the least bit interested in their email marketing. I have unsubscribed dozens of times. I have marked their messages as spam. I have even blocked the email address...all that did was add a small red "dont" symbol next to their emails when they inevitably show up in my box. Somehow, they always find a way. I have not had this phenomenon with any other company at any point.

Posts: 4454 | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
I have had success with this type thing by sending a nastygram to customer service.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30658 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ugly Bag of
Mostly Water
Picture of ridgerat
posted Hide Post
I unsubscribed three times, to no avail.

So I logged into their website and changed my email address to one of those 'do not reply' addresses of somebody else.

Have not received any Cabela's emails since.

Endowment Life Member, NRA • Member, Gun Owners of America & Member, Arizona Citizens Defense League

Posts: 2839 | Location: Marana, AZ | Registered: March 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ridgerat:

So I logged into their website and changed my email address to one of those 'do not reply' addresses of somebody else.
Here's an email address that you could use: corporate@cabelas.com

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30658 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
Interesting. I've been a customer of theirs for at least 30 years. I've had their credit card for close to that long.

I don't get emails from them very often, perhaps one or two a year.

Weird

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
I see a lot of people that get upset on targeted email solicitations.
They never really bothered me like other obvious content that we all know about.
Ads today are just a part of life.
I just ignore for the most part.
Many go to my spam.
Others if really persistent and equally annoying I will create an Outlook rule and automatically delete.
Additionally, I use a spam gateway but unless you have your own domain this type of filter isn't practical to deploy.
Besides you may not want anything from Cabelas or whoever, but you never know when something will catch your eye.
Sorry you can't stop them at the source as you should, but it isn't the end of the world. Smile
Good Luck.

Posts: 22902 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Originally posted by ridgerat:

Here's an email address that you could use: corporate@cabelas.com

I like how you guys think. I never thought of either of those.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19657 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
The NRA won’t stop sending me e-mails for my digital publications. I like the idea of changing my e-mail with them.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5051 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
dwd -- does your email client support message handling rules? I use Apple Mail, which does.

Example: My wife has a Toyota. Toyota corporate has my email on file, instead of hers (long story, different rant), and emails re this vehicle come to my inbox. I set a rule (Mail -> Preferences -> Rules) that auto-forwards to her mailbox, any message containing "Toyota.com" in the message sender field.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים