SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Water Bill through the roof
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Water Bill through the roof Login/Join 
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
The homeowner slipped up when she told me the supervisor of customer service was a good friend of theirs.

Until it came time to pony up for two years of water use, fines, and pay the couple of grand for the connection, then you gives your friends up...

Posts: 23403 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This happened to a friend of mine, as well as my son.
In both cases the water works forgave the ONE TIME bill.
One of those two had a leak between his meter and his house. His house was built on a hill and the leak was not noticeable. My son had a leaky toilet, that I told him about.
Hope you get it squared away and they forgive the bill if it is in fact true.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
As a side note, as mentioned leaking toilets can run a staggering amount of water and you won't see or hear it. I've seen someone have a new cesspool installed and have trouble a month later because of a leaking toilet. Dye test your toilets a couple times a year everyone!

That said... I don't trust the utility companies. I've seen it twice myself. My grandfather died and the house was empty for five months, though he still used the same amount of water as when there were two people living there. (not a budgeted bill either)

Also saw a house electric meter get smashed and stopped dead. It stayed that way for three months. Again, the electricity usage apparently didn't fluctuate out of the normal range the whole time. Roll Eyes

Posts: 21101 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hell, we pay 60 monthly for two and that is just water and sewer. They did stick us for "rainwater" runoff.
Indianapolis

Posts: 1402 | Registered: November 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cas:
As a side note, as mentioned leaking toilets can run a staggering amount of water and you won't see or hear it. I've seen someone have a new cesspool installed and have trouble a month later because of a leaking toilet. Dye test your toilets a couple times a year everyone!

That said... I don't trust the utility companies. I've seen it twice myself. My grandfather died and the house was empty for five months, though he still used the same amount of water as when there were two people living there. (not a budgeted bill either)

Also saw a house electric meter get smashed and stopped dead. It stayed that way for three months. Again, the electricity usage apparently didn't fluctuate out of the normal range the whole time. Roll Eyes

One thing to remember: There is a minimum water charge whether you use the water or not from a utility. So if you get charged regardless if you use under the amount of set gallons or no gallons at all.

Living the Dream

Posts: 4015 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post