SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Password???
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Password??? Login/Join 
posted
I'm attempting to purchase two tickets to our Gun rights organization yearly meeting/dinner upcoming in October and after entering my membership number and other assorted info to prove that IT IS me, I get asked for a password.

What password? I know this is on line, but WTF do we need passwords?

I have an email out to club Prez.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
Same with our local gun rights organization.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Prez phoned me and we worked it out over the phone.

Apparently, the password needed was from an account and a now deleted email addy I with them some 10 years ago.

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Some of the duel authentication stuff is just ridiculous. Yep, you better make sure it's me, you know all the hackers out there that are trying to pay my phone bill for me. Big Grin

Posts: 21093 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
you better make sure it's me, you know all the hackers out there that are trying to pay my phone bill
Like those places that lock the restrooms, to keep people from cleaning them.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30640 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Keeps the anti 2A people from screwing with things ?

Posts: 4047 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by selogic:
Keeps the anti 2A people from screwing with things ?

Could be the reason.

The annual dinner/meeting is being held at a Hotel just inside the UOA college district, so anti gun heads will be exploding when they see folks OPEN carry handguns.

I expect the Hotel staff will receive the usual phoned in threats.