SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Post Office stress tested my mailbox for me.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Post Office stress tested my mailbox for me. Login/Join 
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted
Had a 25lb box on pure lead ingots delivered. And since the package juuust barely fit in the mail box, in it went. Had trouble getting it out with no way to grip it. Thank goodness it wan't my old one, it would have snapped in two.

Not he first time I couldn't get a package out because they'd wedged it in there. Had to cut a hole in one once just so I could hook my fingers in it to pull it out.

Stupid. Lazy.

Posts: 21053 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

I keep a hook in my truck made out of 6AWG bare copper ground wire. I can usually get it behind packages like that.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So what happens to tomorrows
Mail if he can't get it in the packed mail box?

I gotta wonder

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54502 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
A couple weeks ago I had to cut the box into pieces to get it out of the mailbox. Surprised that mailbox didn't get damaged when the box was stuffed in. I dread when UPS hands over delivery to USPS. Things get f’d up pretty quickly.

Posts: 5691 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Many years ago with one of the PO boxes I had, I went in real real early to get the mail on the way to work. There was a large envelope wedged in the box. Fought and struggled for several minutes to get in out. Almost didn't.

I opened the envelope and inside was a 45rpm record! How it didn't snap in two I have no idea. The envelope said do not bend or do not fold. I guess in their mind since it didn't have a hard crease, what they did didn't count. Roll Eyes

Posts: 21053 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
[quote]Something else she cannot seem to master is closing the mailbox door. When I can look down the street both ways and see several open daily. I also walk my dog on one of the long side streets and 3-4 will be wide open daily.
Just laziness IMO. Seems to be a lot more people complaining about missed delivered mail also.
We usually have nice drivers that stay around for years. They talk and wave daily, last one would always talk to Dixie my bloodhound and if she was stopped would pet her. She always had time to comment on the yard and flowers and tell me about hers. Just a really nice sweet person. Sad that they leave and we never know why.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Get one of those SMILEY post it notes and write please close my box. Put it on the mailbox door. It works. It is worth it not to have wet mail.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like when our b!!!h mail lady crams a box inside and have to fight with to remove it. Or, she knocks on the door can’t hear her. Today, she delivered my grandfather’s ring w/o knocking. The black gentleman who trained her said she was not very bright. I’ll be sorry to see him retire.

Posts: 1546 | Registered: October 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I can't tell if I'm
tired, or just lazy
Picture of ggile
posted Hide Post
I've got one of those plastic mailboxes with a door on each end which helps with those hard to get at packages. It's not very watertight though, so I put a board in it as a platform they can put the mail on to keep it from getting wet on rainy days. What do they do? They move the board and put the mail on the floor of the mailbox!

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2073 | Location: South Dakota-pheasant country | Registered: June 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Long term ammoholic
Picture of gunnutty
posted Hide Post
My mailman got tired of cramming all my packages in a regular sized mailbox and brought me one of the big mailboxes. Nice of him.

Posts: 670 | Location: North Central Arkansas | Registered: February 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would be very happy if I had a letter carrier capable of reading. Courtesy and efficiency are long lost hopes, but basic literacy should be a requirement for the job.

Retired holster maker.
Retired police chief.
Formerly Sergeant, US Army Airborne Infantry, Pathfinders

Posts: 1092 | Location: Colorado | Registered: March 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Sounds like you could use one of those plastic Step 2 mail boxes. Has a door on both sides. Seems to hold up to the snow plows decently.

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We have an interesting situation a couple of doors down . There's a young lady who is a certifiable nutcase that lives there . Her mailbox and post consisted of one of the standard metal boxes with a 4x4 post in concrete . The post has rotted or somehow broken off at ground level and is lying where it fell . It's been in the same exact spot for nearly two months . Even her yard guy mows around it .I have a theory about what's going on and if I can catch the mail carrier I'm going to ask her about it .

Posts: 3970 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by selogic:
We have an interesting situation a couple of doors down . There's a young lady who is a certifiable nutcase that lives there . Her mailbox and post consisted of one of the standard metal boxes with a 4x4 post in concrete . The post has rotted or somehow broken off at ground level and is lying where it fell . It's been in the same exact spot for nearly two months . Even her yard guy mows around it .I have a theory about what's going on and if I can catch the mail carrier I'm going to ask her about it .
I was right . The post was rotten . It fell over one day after the mail carrier closed it . The crazy girl that lives there thinks the USPS should replace it and that ain't happening .It's a Mexican standoff and she won't win this one .

Posts: 3970 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post