SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Range Man your Glock is not a Superweapon
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Range Man your Glock is not a Superweapon Login/Join 
Needs a check up
from the neck up
Picture of Timdogg6
posted
I have a range I go to where I rent a private outdoor bay. Say 50 X 80 u shaped with a berm. You need to pay a RO to babysit you while you are there. No big deal I usually tip them and they load mags for me. I also allow them to shoot my ammo and buy them sammiches. Well this weekend a Glock fanboi gets assigned to me. I have shot plenty of idpa and some uspsa and am not the average range jerk. I have my 2 kids with me and every 2 seconds he is shoving this glock out petting the damn thing, ohhhhh looky how nice Mr. Glock is.... oooooo ahhhhhh, Its a laser stippled G19, with some custom slide cuts and a holosun.

I have a 226X5 competition, a 320 leigon, an ed brown 9mm and a .22 pistol and rifle for my new silencer. not a bad line up. but damn if they weren't his glock, ahh what shit you have here, should have bought a glock.

I wanted to beat him with it.

The entire reason for the Second Amendment is not for hunting, it’s not for target shooting … it’s there so that you and I can protect our homes and our children and and our families and our lives. And it’s also there as fundamental check on government tyranny. Sen Ted Cruz

Posts: 5131 | Location: Boca Raton, FL The Gunshine State | Registered: July 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He's still in the honyemoon stage with it. Wink

<><
America, Land of the Free - because of the Brave

Posts: 1933 | Location: Goodbye, so. Fla. | Registered: January 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Somehow I don't think his tiny Glock would be as good as anything you had with you.

I had a guy in the lane next to me spouting about his new Gen5 and all the whoop-te-doos associated with it.
That's fine. He was happy with it. I tuned him out and didn't say much about my P220, 1911, or Gen4s.
After I left, I could see him trying to pick up my brass. It was all .38 Super.

Big Grin

Posts: 9140 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Bruh! How dare you not think Glock is as good as I think it is.

Fanboys just suck.

Some people just deserve to be punched in the taint!

Now let me tell you about my P-220. Smile

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36838 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is what I dread. My pistol club is 7 minute drive from my house. 260 members, nobody is ever there on weekdays. I own the place basically. Next month I move to Florida and have to find my new home. I hope my new home doesn’t employ that guy. Lol

Posts: 7446 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Nine months from now...

Posts: 17110 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
You should have started calling him Gollum.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12620 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
To me handguns are just a tool that's either black or stainless. Never did get the color thing and tacticool, that shit is for teenagers.

On the other hand a fine Shotgun is all I need to be in a peaceful trance. Looking at the fine figuring in the wood and the way it plays with the light, that's some sweet stuff. Then there is the thrill of sending a tiny bit of lead from a 410 40 yards downrange and watch that bit of clay turning into dust.

I've stopped counting.

Posts: 5643 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Firearms Enthusiast
Picture of Mustang-PaPa
posted Hide Post
I realize you had to have him with you to be the RO but I have found that a S&W 629 in 44mag shuts the fanboys down pretty quick.
The 44mag has a way of clearing out 2-3 lanes on either side of you. They talk I shoot works pretty good.

Posts: 18031 | Location: South West of Fort Worth, Tx. | Registered: December 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Out shoot him.
That shuts people up pretty quick. Wink

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8335 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SPWAMike0317
posted Hide Post
Maybe I am misreading, the RO was playing with a loaded firearm while you and your kids were shooting?

Let me help you out. Which way did you come in?

Posts: 717 | Location: North of Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: January 29, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mustang-PaPa:
I realize you had to have him with you to be the RO but I have found that a S&W 629 in 44mag shuts the fanboys down pretty quick.
The 44mag has a way of clearing out 2-3 lanes on either side of you. They talk I shoot works pretty good.

This is what I used to do ,last pistol shoot I attended they moved me to the rifle section and all I had to shoot was a steel circle at a hundred yards ,I annoyed the shit out of the crowd at the constant banging of it.I shot the two 629's three hundred rounds.

Posts: 22409 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
I not judging you for being annoyed by that guy, clearly he was trying to compensate for something. I have my own peeves that I cannot let go of easily but this isn’t one of them. You brought some badass hardware to the range, I would have concentrated on enjoying it and seeing that my family shot safely and completely ignored that R.O. Fanboi fool.

Posts: 3143 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
I've said it in the past, I used to work at a very large public shooting range. Two of the hardest things were being polite and diplomatic when people would try to show off their cheap ass guns and their just awful targets.

For example, a guy showing me "His beauty" he was so proud off. "It was a lot more money than I wanted it spend, but she's a beauty." (showing me his Remington 710 bolt action, the Bic pen of rifles, one of the worst POJ that Remington ever perpetrated on the shooting public. The showing me his target he was so proud of, that he'd fired at 50 yards. A scoped bolt action .30-06 and a group that, I swear, I have shotguns that will shoot better 00 buck patterns at that distance than he did with that rifle.

"Oh yeah, they're all in there" was my standard polite answer. Roll Eyes

Posts: 21097 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bic pen of rifles, that's good.

People you hire should shut up and do their jobs.

Posts: 17136 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Out of curiosity how much does it cost to rent the private bay?

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25408 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Needs a check up
from the neck up
Picture of Timdogg6
posted Hide Post
FYI he was not unsafe with the gun, that didn't happen, so Ill give credit there.

For a 4 hour rental, 6 pieces of steel it was $300. I threw him another $100 as he loaded about 900 rounds of ammo in that time. That time let me focus on my kids and their shooting and I thought it was worth it.

I dont get to shoot much anymore so i didnt mind but its not the cheapest way to do things at all.

The entire reason for the Second Amendment is not for hunting, it’s not for target shooting … it’s there so that you and I can protect our homes and our children and and our families and our lives. And it’s also there as fundamental check on government tyranny. Sen Ted Cruz

Posts: 5131 | Location: Boca Raton, FL The Gunshine State | Registered: July 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
$400 for 4 hours?!

You pay $100/hour to shoot at a pistol range? Eek

Posts: 32490 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
$400 for 4 hours?!

You pay $100/hour to shoot at a pistol range? Eek

Wow.
It amazes me the cost differences there are for different parts of the country.
I pay $25 a month for a private club.
There are 3 pistol pits like you describe though no extra fee.
No range valets though.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25408 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
Please tell me there is an air conditioned clubhouse with a pool, full bar, and buffet for that price.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17269 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post