SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Range Man your Glock is not a Superweapon
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Range Man your Glock is not a Superweapon Login/Join 
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
That actually happened back in TX. N Houston area, back in 2016?? But not on the range.

Guy rented a gun ostensibly to use on he range, slipped outside and shot himself in the head in his car in the parking lot.

I got there after it happened but before the cops and EMS showed up. I heard the owner say to one of his employees "When can I get my gun back?" Real nice guy, that one.

"Yeah, but was it a Glock?" - no idea...

quote:
Originally posted by Timdogg6:
I checked in on this thread last night and told mrs Timdogg the musings here. She burst out laughing. Ya see, she used to shoot a lot of trap. A lot of trap, i mean a lot. 4 Flats of shells plus entry fees and you are at $600 easy, then add $8,000 for the gun, 3 hotel nights, travel, time off work, its not hard to get nuts.

I pay the freight when I shoot with my kids. The local indoor spot is about $25ish bucks for indoor range. But you run the risk of getting shot by some asshole or him shooting himself and shutting the place down for an hour. Yes that happens. So for me right now this is the most controlled place i can go to and still shoot steel and such like I want to. It works for me.

Now when the kids grow up and shoot sporting clays or trap, ill really be in for it.

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Needs a check up
from the neck up
Picture of Timdogg6
posted Hide Post
My friend in RI took his fiance to shoot for her first time, guy in the next lane blew his head off, that was the last time either of them went to the range.

Last time I went to the public line a guy blew off his left index finger trying to shoot too fast from a one handed low ready position.

Interesting fact, the brass hit the floor before the finger, didn't see that coming. That wasn't a glock though. It was a smith and wesson that he just bought and was on his 3rd or 4th mag.

The entire reason for the Second Amendment is not for hunting, it’s not for target shooting … it’s there so that you and I can protect our homes and our children and and our families and our lives. And it’s also there as fundamental check on government tyranny. Sen Ted Cruz

Posts: 5131 | Location: Boca Raton, FL The Gunshine State | Registered: July 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post