SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Can I PLEASE, just get a napkin?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Can I PLEASE, just get a napkin? Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I love the roll of paper towels, around here the only place you see that is Mission BBQ. I WILL put a hurting on a roll of paper towels when I eat, especially some saucy/messy food like BBQ.

Posts: 33769 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
I love the roll of paper towels, around here the only place you see that is Mission BBQ. I WILL put a hurting on a roll of paper towels when I eat, especially some saucy/messy food like BBQ.

Using paper towels in a BBQ joint is like burping in a French restaurant. Some patrons might think you need to work on your outside manners but the chef sees it as a compliment.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14036 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I see the roll of paper towels pretty often . Especially during crawfish season .

Posts: 4049 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Wings n BBQ = roll-o-towels...

Posts: 23393 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"A towel napkin," The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy says, "is about the most massively useful thing an interstellar hitchhiker can have."

Please support the SF "Help Mike!" campaign to raise legal fees for a 72 year old Texas teacher and hobby rancher who had 6 forgotten 9mm rounds in his checked luggage leaving T&C and faced 12 years in prison and $50k legal fees at https://fundrazr.com/b2KZgc.

Posts: 2023 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: April 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
The entire global supply is secreted away in amboolamps glove compartments.

Posts: 11219 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dan03833
posted Hide Post
Every where I've been in Asia, and mostly the Philippines, napkins must be made of gold. We had to ask at one place in Manila and revevied one for a table of four. Shut, buy a coke from a street vendor, they'll pour it into a sandwich bag with a straw and wrap an elastic band around it.

Posts: 1538 | Location: Rhode Island | Registered: February 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Comic Relief
Picture of Eponym
posted Hide Post
And while we're talking about restaurant decline..

What's with the tiny ketchup packets? I can't tear them open without getting ketchup on my fingers, they hold a miniscule amount of ketchup, and I can never squeeze them completely empty. So I have to take a stack of thin napkins and a dozen packets at the counter and tear and squeeze and tear... The ketchup pumps were a lot easier to use (when they were working and the staff remembered to fill them once in awhile).

Posts: 4817 | Location: Indianapolis, IN | Registered: September 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
Always at the sales level

Not a lot of time logged running tables, flying orders someone forgot to put in, or re-firing orders that got forgot in the window, I guess.

quote:
Originally posted by KevinCW:
Well, this was a sit down restaurant, non chain local place, at Lake of the Ozarks.... and infelt bad for the waitress, as it was late Friday afternoon and she was the only one working the entire room... but still.... just put a stack of napkins on the table.

A good server knows when to bend the rules a little to make a customer happy. "We're not putting napkins on tables because of covid" rigid nonsense at some point has to give way to "Look, manager, I was the only one running the whole floor. You want happy repeat customers, or negative Yelp reviews?"

Posts: 17113 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post