SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    I liked Scrooge better at the beginning.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I liked Scrooge better at the beginning. Login/Join 
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted
The GF and I watched the George C. Scott A Christmas Carol the other day. It occured to me that I liked Ebenezer better before the ghosts got a hold of him. He started out as a good conservative Republican and got turned into a virtue signaling woke asshole.

At the end of the story, I'd like to smack him (and trip Tiny Tim).

Bah Humbug!

Big Grin

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15470 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
You and I need to meet up sometime... Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15174 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree!!! They should show it backwards so it has a happy ending. BTW, the version with Alister Cooke is the best one!!!

Posts: 652 | Registered: February 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
^^The version with Gonzo is the best.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8193 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Happy Festivus…

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11042 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post

Big Grin

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15470 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post