SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Permit me a rant ? (Life and Family related)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Permit me a rant ? (Life and Family related) Login/Join 
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted
My dad died a few years ago. Miss him madly; can still hear his voice when he’s call on the phone .... “Hello, John T!”

Stepmom is a pain in the ass and found a new guy. My dad had money...this guy was essentially homeless and now he’s shacked up with my step mom and her (my dad’s) money.

Stepdad is suffering from advanced dementia. He’s hospitalized and the county told my mom that if she leaves him in a care facility, which he needs, they’ll wait til she dies and sell her house to recoup the county’s expenses. Someone actually told her that today.

Mom of course is a mess. She misses her husband, she’s afraid of going broke, and she’s scared.

Sister lives local to them, but she’s 50/50 reliable. Granted, she does not work, but she is always “very busy” and sometimes forgets or bails on appointments with my mom.

Now that the boys are about to graduate high school, the Ex-wife is beginning to show signs of being the pain-in-ass selfish ex I had been expecting the past two years.

Thank God for this place. Para, if you read this thread, thank you for this forum. There are times I’d be lost without a place to go and “anonymously” vent a bit.

This line from Pulp Fiction best describes me right now....

NSFW

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12305 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
Did your stepmom marry "new guy"? If not, what makes her financially and legally liable for his debts (the care facility)?

Posts: 9001 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
We can pick our friends as well as some of our enemies but can not pick our family members. Just do the best you can with what you have to work with. God Bless. .......................................... drill sgt.

Posts: 1952 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Angry Korean
with a Dark Soul
Picture of Windhover
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 229DAK:
Did your stepmom marry "new guy"? If not, what makes her financially and legally liable for his debts (the care facility)?

The way I read it, we are talking about two couples. Father and Mother presumably divorced.

Father now passed away, and stepmother with a homeless guy.

Mother remarried, and the stepfather in care facility.

Posts: 1169 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: October 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Windhover:
quote:
Originally posted by 229DAK:

The way I read it, we are talking about two couples. Father and Mother presumably divorced.

Yup, that's how I read it too.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:

Yep.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12305 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I hate fuckin dementia/Alzheimer’s.... mother had it, now my dad is calling me about aliens, and Trump being back in office by summer. And he won’t get a covid shot because he thinks it’s all bs.....sigh.

I don’t know which is worse cancer or dim/Alzheimer’s. Lost family to both.

Posts: 199 | Registered: March 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Stepdad passed a few days ago. Rest In Peace sir, that dementia is a whore.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Man Once
Child Twice
posted Hide Post
My condolences Ronin.

Posts: 11148 | Location: NE OHIO | Registered: October 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
So sorry for your loss. Prayers things get better.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10895 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Random observation-

As I sit and write my step-dad’s eulogy, I realize I was a bigger pain in the ass as I kid than I thought I was, and that he tried harder to be a good dad than I probably gave him credit for.

Humbling.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Lost the only half way even, type of a father figure to dementia. It’s a bitch. Prayers for you man.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tgtshuter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
Random observation-

As I sit and write my step-dad’s eulogy, I realize I was a bigger pain in the ass as I kid than I thought I was, and that he tried harder to be a good dad than I probably gave him credit for.

Humbling.

I've had the same thoughts since my Mom's passing.

Posts: 711 | Location: SC, USA | Registered: October 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post