SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Last biz hour before a holiday weekend
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Last biz hour before a holiday weekend Login/Join 
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CoolRich59:
Was this Motorola, by chance?

No, it was Alcatel, which is just as bad.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flash-LB:
quote:
Originally posted by CoolRich59:
Was this Motorola, by chance?

No, it was Alcatel, which is just as bad.

Oh yeah. Two peas in a pod. Big Grin

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6393 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I once had a manager who was a professional meeting attendee.

I guess when you have to justify your job and don’t have enough to do to actually really justify it, that’s what you do.

It’s the civilian equivalent of walking around with a clipboard in hand in the military so you always look busy. Big Grin

Posts: 33750 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
Last auto dealership I worked for was part of a dealer group. The last two years I was there we had a annual all must attend “leadership seminar”that consisted of seven hours of dog and pony show of hearing the owners drone on about how they started out, various managers fawning over them with tributes, interactive cheers and on and on. And how they were doing this “for us” and opportunities to “grow”.

Second year a door prize was offered, a cruise, together with several small cash prizes. Surprise, one of the GM’s “won” the grand prize, not like he could not afford to buy his own trip.

After attending two of these “events” if there was any doubt in my mind on retiring that doubt was erased.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8096 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This happens to me with time zones as well. You know I live in California, so stop planning meetings noon to 1pm!

Years ago our major contractor - the largest utility in Los Angeles - insisting on a "all hands on deck meeting" on the Friday afternoon before the week of Thanksgiving. Five of us flew to LA for a 1 pm meeting. Of the four utility invitees, two didn't show and one was in and out of the meeting for the first hour then bailed. Five of us flew down for a two hour meeting with the most junior staffer from the utility.

Then we had to fight Friday afternoon traffic back to various airports. Freakin' joke!

P229

Posts: 3823 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
My boss's boss is pretty good about that. He sent out a couple of recurring meeting invites to all of us, one for 12 to 1 every day, and the other one for 1 to 5 on Fridays. No actual meetings, they were just to block out our schedules so nobody would dump shit on us during those times.

I have my own calendar blocked out to indicate that I work 6:30 to 3:30 every day so that everybody can see it. Sure as shit, now and then some a**hole schedules a meeting from 3 to 4 or 4 to 5 once or twice a month. I usually decline those unless I'm one of the key players.

Posts: 7262 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post