SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Fifteen Dollars And They Still Can't Read
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fifteen Dollars And They Still Can't Read Login/Join 
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted
What grade level reading ability does it take to comprehend "XTRA?"

The ticket on my McRib said "XTRA ONION," which is what I ordered.

I received NO onions. None at all. Zero. Zilch. Nada. Rien.

I will stop there on Monday, on my way to work, and have a little discussion with the manager. Call me Karen, I don't care.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Please post the video.

Posts: 17175 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Most "onion" specials are no onion, not extra. They probably just did it on autopilot.

I stopped eating onions as much as possible a long time ago, fully cooked are OK but raw onions turn me into a WWI weapon of mass destruction. Now if I eat a raw onion on anything all I can taste is onion.

Posts: 4690 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lefty Sig:

Most "onion" specials are no onion, not extra. They probably just did it on autopilot.
For fifteen bucks an hour they can stow the autopilot and get somebody who can read and / or actually gives a fuck about his / her job.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They didn't earn the $15/hour. They just got it by fiat. Don't expect them to change at all.

Posts: 4690 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
They didn't earn the $15/hour.
True.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
Maybe if the receipt said “extra” instead of “XTRA”. Big Grin

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12406 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Originally posted by Lefty Sig:

For fifteen bucks an hour they can stow the autopilot and get somebody who can read and / or actually gives a fuck about his / her job.

They can read, they just don't give a fuck. Pretty simple to me and I see it everyday at my company.
I've got laminated signage everywhere and they still don't care.
Automatic soap dispenser that mixes my Zep chlorine soap with hot water and they still pump out pure soap into a bucket to clean. Just don't give a fuck.

Another sign says not to put their rubber gloves they use in production on a certain rack. They still sit them there. Just don't give a fuck.

This isn't a generational thing either. It's all ages.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
I will stop there on Monday, on my way to work, and have a little discussion with the manager. Call me Karen, I don't care.
A complete waste of time. It won't even make you feel better.

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:

Agreed.
Don't waste your time or energy on that V-Tail, you'll never get it back.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
Hold the onions, hold the mayo
Even if you up our payo....

We're not the special order guys...o

Posts: 15001 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Yeah , you'll probably come away wondering how that person ever became a Manager ..

Posts: 3969 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
It’s not that they can’t read.

It’s that they don’t care.

Posts: 33601 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by joel9507:

Big Grin
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:

Exactly.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
Their motto:

"We Do It All Over You"

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by joel9507:

Big Grin
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:

Exactly.

What’s that old saw… “The man who doesn’t read, has no appreciable advantage over the man who cannot.”

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Did anybody stop to think that perhaps that was the one mistake that employee made today and V-Tail you were the guy who got screwed?

Posts: 899 | Registered: July 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 400m:

Did anybody stop to think that perhaps that was the one mistake that employee made today and V-Tail you were the guy who got screwed?
Doubtful.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים