SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Liberals Ruin Everything!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Liberals Ruin Everything! Login/Join 
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted
One of my many hobbies is building and flying rather large model rockets. Consequently I spend a lot of time on a forum dedicated to such activities... but that is about to end I'm afraid!

Unlike good, solid, conservative forums like this one, that place is EAT UP with left-wing lunatic liberals! Anytime a comment is made by someone obviously conservative, they get treated like idiots who are unable to carry on a decent conversation! That really ruins what could be an enjoyable site!!!

Bill R.
North Alabama

Posts: 4543 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
There is nothing whatsoever “liberal” or “progressive” or “awake”* about people or practices like that. If they must be named, “leftist” is the term most suitable for polite society.

* I sometimes wonder if anyone else has noticed the similarity between being woke and one of the most popular slogans of Nazi Germany: Deutschland Erwache!, or “Germany awake!” [“wake up!”]

6.4/93.6

“Most men … can seldom accept the simplest and most obvious truth if it … would oblige them to admit the falsity of conclusions … which they have woven, thread by thread, into the fabrics of their lives.”
— Leo Tolstoy

Posts: 47356 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
You should have liberals for neighbors. I could write a book on the experiences I have had with them at one place.

They will steal anything when you are not around. You can call the law on them but nothing is done.

Dogs run loose chasing deer. I had one guy in Court but he got off because the dogs were in his wife's name. It still cost him $5000 for a lawyer when I complained to the Judge. His dogs still run loose from time to time.

Another person's dogs were running loose chasing dog and when I went to check the collar for a name, the dog bite me on the hand. Luckily, it didn't break the skin or I would have shot the dog.

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bronicabill:
Anytime a comment is made by someone obviously conservative, they get treated like idiots who are unable to carry on a decent conversation! That really ruins what could be an enjoyable site!!!
Are these people aware of your political views? Then, cease making any comments on such matters, but post as much as you can in the forum. Post every single day if practical to do so. Your presence alone will drive them crazy; that's how leftists are and everyone knows this. If you leave, you've denied yourself something you like, and you've given them what they want. If you stay, you win.

You're welcome

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107222 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
There is nothing whatsoever “liberal” or “progressive” or “awake”* about people or practices like that. If they must be named, “leftist” is the term most suitable for polite society.

<<snip>>

Good point. From now on I'll call 'em "leftist asshats"... or just "leftist". Big Grin

Bill R.
North Alabama

Posts: 4543 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by bronicabill:
Anytime a comment is made by someone obviously conservative, they get treated like idiots who are unable to carry on a decent conversation! That really ruins what could be an enjoyable site!!!
Are these people aware of your political views?

No doubt they are. Kinda hard for them not too when they spout off about how wonderful CNN is, or how we should all abide by mask mandates, or they refer to Snopes as a "reliable source for truth"! Most days I can refrain from responding to them, but others I just can't bite my tongue any longer and will say something that tips them off to my conservative stance!

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Then, cease making any comments on such matters, but post as much as you can in the forum. Post every single day if practical to do so. Your presence alone will drive them crazy; that's how leftists are and everyone knows this. If you leave, you've denied yourself something you like, and you've given them what they want. If you stay, you win.

You're welcome

Thank you! Words of wisdom as usual!!!

Bill R.
North Alabama

Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:

Precisely. As my signature notes: "The dominant media is no more ``mainstream`` than leftists are liberals."

quote:
Originally posted by 41:
You should have liberals for neighbors. I could write a book on the experiences I have had with them at one place.

Dogs run loose chasing deer.

My next-door-neighbor to one side has a dog that runs more-or-less loose. He's not a leftist. Or a liberal. Woman that lives across the street and a few doors down had dogs that'd get loose occasionally. She's neither leftist nor liberal, so far as I know.

quote:
Originally posted by 41:
Another person's dogs were running loose chasing dog and when I went to check the collar for a name, the dog bite me on the hand. Luckily, it didn't break the skin or I would have shot the dog.

You attempted to lay your hands on a strange dog and were offended when the dog responded with "I don't think so!" And, in response, you might have shot the dog for being a dog?

Uh huh

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 25987 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
I like dogs and never had one but adopt a friends dog and check on them, take them for walks, buy them treats, and toys etc.

These dogs that run loose have killed fawns, and torn down the plastic fence around my daylily nursery. Now the deer can get inside the compound and eat what ever they want. I have a lot of expensive potted plants that they ate and killed.

One dog use to jump into the water hole that I pump water for irrigation and ruined the pump impeller which cost me over $200 in parts.

In Loudoun county, you can get jail time for letting dogs run loose.

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Why is there any politics in a model rocket forum? Confused

Posts: 27803 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
There will be a section for 'general discussion'. Unless specifically prohibited as a topic, politics will likely be the main subject in that section. Because: 2021

Posts: 107222 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
bronicabill,

Dennis Prager has been saying it for YEARS..."Everything the Left touches, it destroys."

Couldn't be any simpler than that. Sorry to hear the Leftists in your model rocket group are destroying a good time...

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11042 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
I had the pleasure of making a liberal say that he was done in the politics forum of a cigar forum I frequent because we all had orange fever. The main reason really was that he hated Trump and only reason stated was Trump was morally bankrupt. He couldn’t attack Trump’s policies nor defend Biden’s. He will return I’m sure but it feels good for now.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5679 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One of my other hobbies is collecting watches. On a forum the other day the topic of equity came up. One person actually said that there were only two types of people, the oppressors and the oppressed. I almost said, " so which are you?" But I kept my mouth shut not wanting to raise my BP. What a way to go through like thinking like that!!!

Posts: 652 | Registered: February 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of p08
posted Hide Post
There are some gun sites that if they don't actually lean left, they allow them to so as they please there.

-------------------------------------
Always the pall bearer, never the corpse.

Posts: 700 | Location: Illinois | Registered: December 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
@ Bronicabill...

There are many people in my life who are not worthy of sharing my opinion, knowledge, or wisdom.

Even if asked, I generally know their motives are only to argue or denigrate.

My simple response is, "Why do you want to know?" This is usually enough to clue them in that I'm onto their bullshit. If not, I'll simply give them nothing. Most aren't insightful enough to know they've just been disarmed. It's very liberating to not play into a dumbass "debate" with such shallow thinkers.

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5473 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am shocked Libs would even partake in such a hobby…. You know pollution and the obvious disposable income provided by an unfair capitalist society required to play w/ such things!!!

Posts: 4019 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 357fuzz:
I am shocked Libs would even partake in such a hobby…. You know pollution and the obvious disposable income provided by an unfair capitalist society required to play w/ such things!!!

LOL... true that! Seems they like the forum to attempt to prove just how "edjumacated" they are; they talk down to everyone else when possible.

Bill R.
North Alabama

posted Hide Post
We just have to understand that everything must be destroyed so they can Build Back Better.

Retired holster maker.
Retired police chief.
Formerly Sergeant, US Army Airborne Infantry, Pathfinders

Posts: 1091 | Location: Colorado | Registered: March 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
quote:
In Loudoun county, you can get jail time for letting dogs run loose.

But not, apparently, for anally raping a classmate.

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post