SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    I'm all for defending teachers, but we'll be discussing this in person.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I'm all for defending teachers, but we'll be discussing this in person. Login/Join 
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
I work in the school system. I can tell you first hand that if I received an email from a concerned parent I would be thrilled. It shows the parent is concerned and an email or phone call would be in order, not that short one word response you received. Screw the teacher, contact the principal or guidance department.

Living the Dream

Posts: 4015 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MWC:
If you meet with them to talk, they'll probably have the local police or FBI put you under investigation for being a threat. It's a different world now. Put your child in private school.

Put your child in private school? Is that an option for real working people who are already being taxed to the max to fund public schools that are not performing their basic functions?

Retired holster maker.
Retired police chief.
Formerly Sergeant, US Army Airborne Infantry, Pathfinders

Posts: 1097 | Location: Colorado | Registered: March 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGguy229
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rtquig:
I work in the school system. I can tell you first hand that if I received an email from a concerned parent I would be thrilled. It shows the parent is concerned and an email or phone call would be in order, not that short one word response you received. Screw the teacher, contact the principal or guidance department.

This. I’d send an email to the principal asking if this is the type of effective communication you can expect from his staff. Secondly, I’d ask for a meeting with the principal about the teacher and her poor communication skills—then get around and talk about your step-son’s performance.

Posts: 1721 | Location: South.....Carolina | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I second the dick pics… I’m not in the school system nor have any any kids so my advice is probably the worst you could take, but sometimes people need to turn in some dick pictures.

Posts: 1301 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Motivating a child to apply themselves to something they’re not interested in can be very frustrating. Good luck with that. Any reward you can offer for improvement? Plus I agree, teacher’s being a dick

"The days are stacked against what we think we are." Jim Harrison

Posts: 1120 | Location: Ann Arbor | Registered: September 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post