SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    "Buy my 'custom' stippled Glock with aftermarket everything, only $2k!"
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Buy my 'custom' stippled Glock with aftermarket everything, only $2k!" Login/Join 
Frangas non Flectes
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cas:
People who use upgrades tend to mean crap they bolted on.

Bingo. See also: "mods."

quote:
And believe me, I'm a life long believer in the motto "a gun is never truly yours until you void the factory warranty", but I don't expect people to pay EXTRA for it. Smile

Same here with guitars, but I'd never think to try to sell one priced higher for all the shit I've swapped out. I get that it means taking a hit on resale value, but some people think it means the opposite.

Posts: 13153 | Location: Seattle-ish | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
quote:
People who use upgrades tend to mean crap they bolted on.

Bingo. See also: "mods."

quote:
And believe me, I'm a life long believer in the motto "a gun is never truly yours until you void the factory warranty", but I don't expect people to pay EXTRA for it. Smile

Same here with guitars, but I'd never think to try to sell one priced higher for all the shit I've swapped out. I get that it means taking a hit on resale value, but some people think it means the opposite.

You left out "Many Extras"

Posts: 6789 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My favorite is when they end it with “no low ball offers, I know what I got!”

Posts: 3240 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
I am also amazed by the "modification" crowd and what they expect from their "creations" when they try and sell them.

It can be very subjective. I've seen posts here showing off some pretty amazing work on all sorts of guns that I would be proud to own and even pay extra when (if) purchasing. You all know the story though, for every skilled and patient person who lovingly and carefully modifies items there are hundreds who fling crap or melt plastic with a soldering iron and think that they ADDED value.

Jeep wranglers can be the same way. "Look! I bolted on $5,000 worth of cheap amazon jeep parts! My Jeep is now worth $7,500 more!"

Posts: 7662 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Here's how I handle those sellers. I don't buy their stuff.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 50107 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:

Thanks for the advice.

Posts: 13153 | Location: Seattle-ish | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:

Thanks for the advice.

You forgot the [/sarcasm]. Some people might think you were serious. Big Grin

Q

Posts: 21486 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just move on brother, don't get all worked up and fret about it.

-----------------
Silenced on the net, Just like Trump

Posts: 571 | Location: SUX | Registered: May 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
Oh sure! Ignore them! Sage advice....

Wait, what would we bitch about?

Posts: 7662 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Epic rant. I particularly liked the "dandelion-harvester" reference. Nice touch.

Otherwise, these kind of ads don't raise my blood pressure at all. I wouldn't buy it, you wouldn't buy it , hell no one here would. But if the seller can find someone out there in the intraverse who will, fine with me.

As P.T. Barnum said......

Posts: 220 | Location: The Sun & Fun Capital of the World | Registered: May 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
posted Hide Post
Guys. I’m not mad about these ads. My blood pressure wasn’t up. I don’t particularly care what people choose to charge for their stuff. It seemed like a fun opportunity to go Lewis Black on a particular subset of the gun community that I find laughable. Laugh with me. Cool?

posted Hide Post
Cool

I still think it was epic!

Posts: 220 | Location: The Sun & Fun Capital of the World | Registered: May 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
posted Hide Post
Thanks. That wasn’t purely directed at you, btw. Wink

Vagabond Dreamer
Picture of Patrick-SP2022
posted Hide Post
This kind of reminds me of people who are trying to sell their POS car that has been upgraded with every bolt on accessory from the J.C. Whitney catalog, complete with a list of items installed and the advertised HP gain.

Based on the accessories, the car is putting out about eleventy billion HP and getting 100 MPG and can run on bovine urine.

Ok, the bovine urine is an exaggeration. Smile

And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

Posts: 3601 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have no problem with people customizing their own gun, as some of them look really cool but do understand you will never get the money you have invested back. I had a custom Glock years ago and had it for quite a while but being it was a Glock 34, there was not much it would be used for in my home. I sold it and took a loss but it wasn't overly done. What kills me is when people spray paint a firearm and say it is custom and want more for it, when it is more so destroyed, to me. Recently on a local forum, someone had a Wilson Combat EDC X9 and it was spray painted in a bad camo colored motif and wanted top dollar for it. I don't understand the logic sometimes.

Posts: 5679 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.”
― Robert A. Heinlein

“ You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

Posts: 8511 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post