SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Amazon Delivery
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Amazon Delivery Login/Join 
Picture of henryaz
posted

We've had this for about 6 months now, and for the most part it has gone well. Pkgs delivered on time, and most of the drivers have learned we have table just between the garage doors, with a stack of bricks to weight things down when it gets windy. All the other delivery services know this.

A couple of times, though, a new driver has gotten horribly "creative". Yesterday, I got an email that a delivery had been made. Looked outside the garage doors, looked at the fence gate that leads to the front door, nothing. I looked at the delivery summary, which said it had been put in a "safe place". Finally, looking at the photo of that "safe place", I learned the driver had opened the door of a yard shed, put 2 packages just inside the door, and closed it again. Yep, they were safe, all right, but caused me a lot of hiking with my cane to find them. Frown

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10784 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Amazon Pro Tip - There a way to designate a preferred 'delivery location' in your Amazon account so you'll 'almost' never need to track down where they left your package and eliminate the further likelihood of 'creative deliveries'.

I'm not in front of my PC right now (and headed north for a day of Skiing shortly Cool ), but I'll check back later to provide further details if you haven't already found it.

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8867 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bobandmikako
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
Amazon Pro Tip - There a way to designate a preferred 'delivery location' in your Amazon account so you'll 'almost' never need to track down where they left your package and eliminate the further likelihood of 'creative deliveries'.

I'm not in front of my PC right now (and headed north for a day of Skiing shortly Cool ), but I'll check back later to provide further details if you haven't already found it.

You can add delivery preferences by clicking "Accounts & Lists" then "Ordering and Shopping Preferences" then "Your Addresses." Under your shipping address, there will be a blue "Add delivery instructions" link.

I selected "Front Door" but still get some packages delivered to someone else's front door sometimes. I had two last month, one across the street, and the other next door. I have no idea why it's so difficult. My door and mailbox both have the house number clearly visible. Still, the Amazon deliveries are way better than Fedex in this neighborhood.

十人十色

Posts: 2103 | Location: Semmes, Alabama | Registered: June 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
I've never stipulated where they should leave my packages but the Amazon drivers always leave them within a few feet of my front door.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow a treasure hunt for your package! Safe place LOL

Posts: 17225 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
quote:
You can add delivery preferences by clicking "Accounts & Lists" then "Ordering and Shopping Preferences" then "Your Addresses." Under your shipping address, there will be a blue "Add delivery instructions" link.

Doesn't work when Amazon insists on using shitty USPS delivery (those lazy fuckers won't even drive to my house if the package is bigger than a pack of cigarettes) - which is why I canceled my Prime membership after 12 years.

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Amazon has been pretty good about delivering packages to our porch right in front of the door, but I experienced a strange one yesterday. Got my usual email saying it was delivered, opened the door to bring it in and no obvious package. Started looking and found it in the middle of our sidewalk that leads to our porch around 15 or 20 feet from the front door. Can’t figure out why an extra 5 or 6 steps couldn’t have been taken to get it to the porch, but there it was. Only weighed a couple of pounds so it wasn’t like they were delivering a 50-lb. case of bullets.

Posts: 1178 | Location: NE Indiana  | Registered: January 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
What I've noticed is they don't even ring the doorbell and it's not like my doorbell is far from where they place the package.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19646 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rey HRH:
What I've noticed is they don't even ring the doorbell and it's not like my doorbell is far from where they place the package.

Where I live about half the drivers ring the doorbell, half don't, but it doesn't matter as I've got a PIR camera hidden that watches the front of my house and it sends a text notification to my cell when someone walks there.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:

Mine has been marked as "garage" for years. We have a special heavy table set between the two garage doors, with some bricks for light packages and the often gusty/windy days we have here. The space between the two doors is about 4ft. Amazon drivers cannot seem to figure out how to use the bricks, either. On more than one occasion I've had to gather light packages from 30-40 feet away.

We use the garage as a delivery spot as that is where we come and go. The front door is behind a fence, with dogs, and the door is used by us only to access the front porch to enjoy the sunshine.

Every other delivery service, FedEx, UPS, USPS, DHL, all use the white table and a brick if necessary, and have for 20 years.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10784 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Military Arms Collector
Picture of darkest2000
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rey HRH:

All carriers these days from USPS, UPS, FEDEX to Door Dash rarely ring doorbells anymore. Not sure why the trend except maybe to save time. Doesn't bother me though since I have video doorbell cameras so I get a notification whenever it detects someone at the door whether they ring the bell or not. I highly recommend having one installed.

Posts: 10833 | Location: Orange County, CA, USA | Registered: March 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
I keep an empty flower planter box next to the doorbell with a sign on the inside of the box stating to deposit them in there. Most of the Amazon deliveries make it in there, some next to it.

The worst delivery I've ever had was literally on the curb about 2 feet from the street as if the driver just chucked it out the window while driving by.

Posts: 7422 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nismo:
The worst delivery I've ever had was literally on the curb about 2 feet from the street as if the driver just chucked it out the window while driving by.

Christmas 2020 we had some substitute UPS drivers up from the Valley to help with the overload. Our sub driver left my package leaning against the mailbox post, about 2 feet from the street and 300 feet from our house. When I questioned our regular driver about this, he said the area they regularly deliver in is so bad, that they are trained to leave the pkgs at the mailbox, and not approach the house.

When in doubt, mumble

posted Hide Post
Local Amazon driver is the dog lover and the purveyor of fine doggie treats. All the pups in the neighborhood line up waiting for him every afternoon. (including mine)

My Amazon, UPS and Fed Ex drivers all know where to leave my packages - it's the same place where they find their holiday gift cards and packages every December. Big Grin

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Comic Relief
Picture of Eponym
posted Hide Post
quote:
Amazon Pro Tip - There a way to designate a preferred 'delivery location' in your Amazon account...
It seems Amazon has been extending their delivery hours. Yesterday I ordered something at 2pm and it was scheduled for delivery between 5pm and 10pm. I'm usually in the first stage of REM sleep by 10pm and have concerns about porch pirate theft of packages left outside all night. I stayed up until 10. No package.

I happened to wake at 2am and shuffled downstairs to check the porch in my underwear. There it was. An email message from Amazon said it had been delivered at 11pm!

I have added a "no deliveries after 9pm" instruction to my preferred address.
Will the delivery people honor that? I doubt it.
Am I being pessimistic or realistic? We shall see.

Posts: 4817 | Location: Indianapolis, IN | Registered: September 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post