SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Dumb blonde waitress
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dumb blonde waitress Login/Join 
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Uh, bringing kids to Hooters strikes me as...unusual.

It is. You can get better food for less almost anywhere. It's only the beer that might make it worth it to people who are not kids. And there are better places to go to if you're looking to ogle women.

Posts: 3369 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
I would insist on getting the charge reversed. But I would still give a tip. At this point in my life, I'm more generous to people working for a living.

But I do react to stupidity however.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19582 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bubbatime:
Went to the dumb blonde waitress place. Where only girls can be a waitresses.

The kids menu includes a free drink for kids. $5.99. Free drink included. Says so right on the menu.

The bill comes out and she charged us for kids drinks. Pointed out the discrepancy and she took 5 minutes trying to explain that the “system” fixes it and that the drinks are in fact free. Whatever. The bill says that you charged me $4 extra. She runs the credit card. Receive the final credit card slip, do all the math, to find out that the airhead was wrong. I’m getting charged $4 for the “free” drinks.

The $4 came out of her tip. I tried to do the right thing but she was too stupid…

I normally would eat it, just say screw it, and move on with life. But service was bad to begin with. She brought out everyone’s food except my sons and made him wait 15 minutes for it. When asked , she said , “yeah I saw it sitting up there a while ago. I should have grabbed it.” WTF?! Your JOB is to deliver hot food promptly! Not let it sit there forever.

Was I right or was I right?

Being stupid should have consequences, right ?

Do you take money out of your servers tip if they screw up the bill and refuse to correct it?

If I get crappy service bad enough to piss off everyone at my table I'll tell them I am paying and leave the "waitress" a single penny for a tip. One chased me outside the restaurant and Starts screaming at me and at that point I went back inside and demanded to speak to the Manager in a Command Voice. When she came up to me I explained every single fault committed by that waitress using my Command Voice. When I left the folks in the area where I was dining were clapping.

I've stopped counting.

Posts: 5621 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:

Cute little orange shorts?

I don't eat at Hooter's often, but when I do the service is good, and the food is decent. It isn't a bad casual place.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigM4:
It’s really tough for me not to tip the standard 20%...

Is that your standard amount or are you saying that the normal tip these days is 20%? I have always understood that it was 15%. My gripe is that the predefined amounts start at 17% around here and I have to do a "custom" amount to do what I consider normal.

Posts: 698 | Registered: February 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think you were correct given the situation. Honestly, I almost always tip 20% or better. But the situation with your kids meal and it sitting in the window for 15 minutes and she saw it, would've caused me to drop the tip down to 10% right off of the bat.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PKFan:

I have always understood that it was 15%.

15% is years out of date IMO

20% has been the standard around here for years.

If it's a place like the brewpub that is near me where you order everything from the counter but they bring the food out to you, then I do 10%-15% but for sit-down dining, it's 20% unless the service was just shit.

Posts: 33601 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Uh, bringing kids to Hooters strikes me as...unusual.
Actually it's quite common . I've heard of kids actually asking to go to Hooters .

Posts: 3969 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There is no standard. 15% has always been customary. Anybody pushing for hire has just fallen for the service industry pushing for higher.

Think about it. Why is the tipping % higher now? The price of everything is higher so the tips are higher as a natural function of a percentage of a much bigger number. Making that percentage bigger combined with a much bigger bill is not sensical.

The service industry always tries to nudge the "standard" higher. Hell, they try to get you to tip on takeout, carryout, everything. Wife and I went to Dave and Busters with our grown kids last night. Bought a card with preloaded "chip tokens" on it. The screen automatically took you to a tip page. WTF?

The natural progression of higher costs for food has made tips bigger all by itself.

Posts: 7345 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
My parents always want to tip $2 no matter what the bill is.

Posts: 3369 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Life's too short to
live by the rules
posted Hide Post
Tipping should be a flat fee and not a % of the meal costs. Why should a waitress that works at Outback get a larger tip just because the meal is more expensive then a waitress at your local diner when you get the same level of service.

Posts: 1693 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: August 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:

Cute little orange shorts?

I don't eat at Hooter's often, but when I do the service is good, and the food is decent. It isn't a bad casual place.

when in NOVA for the Gunshow, we usually eat one night at the Hooters near the expo center,
it's in the same parking lot as the hotel
the food is decent
the beer selection is good, and they always seem to have Guinness on tap,

it can be loud, and we call it the Diversity Hooters, because the staff is every shape, size and ethnicity there is

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10409 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:

Hey you know my wife!

Posts: 163 | Registered: February 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post