SIGforum
New scam that offers a job???

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/230601935/m/9100018754

June 13, 2019, 10:05 AM
tsmccull
New scam that offers a job???
Why do I keep getting calls from some woman on a “recorded line” (so she says) stating that I’ve applied for a job on one of their websites? Not damn likely since one of the primary benefits of retirement is not having to work for someone else, but I’ll play along. When I asked her what job I’d supposedly applied for, all she’d say is “what job are you looking for?” This continued for a couple of iterations until I got bored and hung up.

Obviously it’s a scam, but for what? Are they hoping you’ll say “great, a job” and hand over all your personal info in order to apply for it? I haven’t played along with it long enough to find out if she wants money to discover what the “job” is.
June 13, 2019, 11:05 AM
Gear.Up
One of the most common current job scams is someone offering work from home opportunities.

Once you sign up, they will send you a check (or ask for bank details for ACH payment) to cover the purchase of a computer, printer, etc.

The checks they send are bad and will eventually bounce, but not before you send them back a payment for the leftover amount after your purchases.