SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    New scam that offers a job???
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New scam that offers a job??? Login/Join 
posted
Why do I keep getting calls from some woman on a “recorded line” (so she says) stating that I’ve applied for a job on one of their websites? Not damn likely since one of the primary benefits of retirement is not having to work for someone else, but I’ll play along. When I asked her what job I’d supposedly applied for, all she’d say is “what job are you looking for?” This continued for a couple of iterations until I got bored and hung up.

Obviously it’s a scam, but for what? Are they hoping you’ll say “great, a job” and hand over all your personal info in order to apply for it? I haven’t played along with it long enough to find out if she wants money to discover what the “job” is.

Posts: 1169 | Location: NE Indiana  | Registered: January 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
All the time
Picture of Gear.Up
posted Hide Post
One of the most common current job scams is someone offering work from home opportunities.

Once you sign up, they will send you a check (or ask for bank details for ACH payment) to cover the purchase of a computer, printer, etc.

The checks they send are bad and will eventually bounce, but not before you send them back a payment for the leftover amount after your purchases.

Posts: 2320 | Location: East TN | Registered: July 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post